Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday, It's nice outside, and I am happy!

I love all the sunshine God is blessing us with these past few days.  The weather has been so pleasant and it's giving me spring fever!!!  On Friday, I just couldn't go fast enough with all my house chores.  I cleaned my dad's shop; came home and cleaned the garage; washed clothes and windows; cleaned the van; hauled my Christmas decor to the attic; and etc!!!  It felt so good!  The nice weather makes me want to run too!  I just couldn't wait to get out and run my route (which is 2.8 miles right now.)  It feels so good!  Matt and Marlene came over that night and we finally got to play Cities and Knights together again and then one game of regular Settlers.  This has been our winter game for the past few years and we love getting together with Matt's and playing!  Thanks for coming over guys!

Saturday, we helped sister in law Anna Ruth and her husband move into their home.  So cute and moving a young married couple is peanuts compared to someone that's been married for a few years.  It's amazing how much stuff we collect over the years!  All their new furniture and wedding gifts makes me think back of how it was for us almost 11 years ago.  Everything NEW, everything FRESH, and everything PRETTY!  I got another run in in the afternoon.  I ran 2 miles.  We dropped the kids off at my sister Jody's (Thanks so much again!), and Mike and I headed off for a date!  Got a salad at the new Salad Works, stopped at Starbucks with Dutch and Rosa and got a latte'!  From there we went with Dutchies to Anna Mae's concert!  I looovvvveeeedd it!  Anna Mae sang, High Road sang and then Will Stoltz!  I love music!  Mike loved the people and hang out more.  He's not a concert type of guy but I was so glad he was with me!  The night was fun, energizing and after we picked up the kids, we were tired and ready for bed!

Sunday, we went to church and ShaLyn came home with us and Matthew went home with Madison.  These kids have so much fun together when they do get together!  It was fun having Dutchies around for the weekend!  (Love you guys!)  Mike and I did another run.  I did 2 miles and Mike did 5.6.  After we got showered up, we went to evening services at church.

The weekend was fun, full, and spirit fed.  The songs from the concert refreshed my soul.  (I am now listening to my new CD!!!)  The sermon at church was on "After Christmas" and how "peace on earth" wasn't really peace at all at the moment.  Jesus was born in a stall far from where Mary wished to birth her first child!  Joseph and Mary moved from Bethlehem to Egypt.  Not an easy task I am sure!  All the baby boys were killed in a certain land.  Peaceful?  Joseph and Mary moved again back to their childhood home and that's where Jesus started his ministry.  When the Bible calls Mary "blessed", what does it mean?  Blessed to be the Lord's mother, no doubt, but that cost her a lot of sorrow too.  When I have trials, do I call it a blessing?  When we are in God's plan for our lives it does bring "peace".  Praise God!

Today, I got to have a tea party and breakfast with a group of ladies that I get to spend a few days at the beach with each year!  Every now and then, we get together for some coffee and food and today we went to Leah's!  Great food, fellowship and friends!  I am so blessed!  (Thanks Leah!)

Have a great Monday and enjoy the sunshine!!!