Monday, January 16, 2012

Love weekends!!!

I have always loved weekends.  As a kid it meant hanging out with my family, going to church, and visiting our grandparents.  As a teenager it meant being with my best friends, going to as many youth events as possible, school activities, church, and of course late nights and dates with Mike!!!  Now, I still love weekends!  It means I will be spending time with the kids, snuggling with Mike, playing lots of good settlers games, soaking in spriritual food at church, and if we get invited somewhere ... we show up!!!  It's like living a out a dream!

Friday night, Hadassah invited a friend from school, Anna, over for overnight.  Anna brought along "Dolphin Tales" and so at 10 PM, we all snuggled together and watched this great movie about a dolphin.  (For you parents ... this is really a great, clean movie to watch and it's based on a true story.  Great moral!)  Hadassah and Anna stayed up till 2 AM painting nails, talking and laughing.

Saturday, we hung out a home till 1:30 and then we took Anna home.  Because of the cold, cold weather (20's), we stopped at McDonalds for some hot chocolate, hot coffee and Hadassah got a McFlurry.  (Crazy to be eating that when it's so cold!)  I was battleing the thought of running or just staying indoors???  I wanted to and didn't want to.  I knew it would feel good after the run, but getting out in that wind and bitter cold, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be that tough.  Well, I remembered what I blogged at New Years and I said that I would run even when it gets tough.  (Won't promise I will always head to that thought.)  I bundled up and headed for sister Jody's house.  I'm not sure the milage but I made it in that wind!  When she brought me back, I smiled at myself that I actually did it!  The mental accomplishment was far greater than any physical accomplishment on that run!  Mike didn't come home from work till 4.  He bundled up too and ran to his parents (6 plus miles!)  The kids and I met him there and we played settlers till late in the night!  Love doing that!!!

Sunday was Sunday School and being youth teachers can bring it's challenges but they talked a lot and that always brings for good discussions if Mike's the teacher!!!  Thanks hun!  After lunch at home, I put baby to bed and I flopped on the couch for a good nap!  Mike, Hadassah, and Matthew ran down to Belmont Road and back (.8 miles).  The kids were so proud of themselves!  Good job kids!  It was so cold (25 degrees).  They even talked Mike into some basketball and football rounds!  Last night we went to Uncle Merv's birthday party and then back home!

The weekend was fun!  Refreshing.  Relaxing.  I am so thankful to have a husband and children that like to hang out with me and spend time together. 

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!"

Have a great Monday and I hope your weekend was one you can document as "fun" too!

Be blessed!