Friday, January 20, 2012

Excitement!!!

I am excited! I can't wait for tonight and tomorrow! There is an all night crop that I am going to! Because the kids only have school till 11:30 today, I am hoping to get there early! Thanks to my awesome husband and sister in law ... they are watching the kids for me while I am out! It seems to be a great night to be up and maybe even get to watch it snow! The forecast is saying some snow and freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning.

Another reason to be excited is Mike and I are planning an 11th anniversary get away for next weekend. I have been saying for years that I would love to go to New York over the Christmas holiday and just take in all the sights, sounds, and music on Broadway. We again didn't get there over the holidays but we want to go for our anniversary! If anyone knows of a really cool place to stay close to Central Park, Times Square, etc. please let us know! We were browsing the web last night and there are lots of options! We hope to go to Times Square for church too! I heard so much about this church and really am looking forwards to experience in 'REAL LIFE'!

We finally sent off Matthew's money for the "little boy" and that's exciting!  If you remember from one of my posts a way back, Matthew has been praying for this "little boy" and wants to send money to him.  I thought that we would do this over Christmas because Mike's family didn't pick names for this year and instead went together and gave money for a needy local family.  I meant to send Matthew's money to Christian Aid over that time, but have just today got that accomplished.  This is the letter I wrote to send along with Matthew's card.
.....................
"Dear Christian Aid Ministries,
We have a request. A plead.
I few months ago, you sent out a little green postcard that had a picture of a small, black boy sitting on the ground (or a bucket?). He was so thin from a lack of food and the look of him really turned my stomach. To my shame, I tossed it into the trash.
A little while later, this “little boy” was on my mind and heart. I went to the trash and got out the postcard. I looked at it again and just thought of how terrible it is in some other parts of the world. So needy for food and Jesus.
I took this picture and showed it to our children (9 & 6 years old). They were so sad. So sad for the “little boy” and for all the other children that have to be like this without their choice. We talked about how we need to be grateful. Happy for what we have. Noticing the blessings around us and not taking for granted our abundant supply of daily food. It turned into a conversation of much thought and prayers days later.
Matthew, our 6 year old son, was moved huge by this picture. He immediately looked so sad and wanted to help the “little boy” in any way he could. He prays for this boy. He prays for his soul. He wanted to know how much money it would take to feed this boy. (At the time we had a newborn baby girl. I told him that one can of formula costs around $27.00 here in America. That lasts for about two weeks for a newborn. His eyes got big and said, “Wow. That’s a lot.“ It is a lot, but not too much for our big God that can provide all this “little boy” needs to eat and survive!) He prays that he will get food … somehow! He prays believing that this “little boy” will be helped. He earned some money and wants to give it to the “little boy”. Here is a card that he has signed and even drew a picture. He wants to give his $7.00 to this boy.
Matthew is thinking that the “little boy” lives in Haiti.?. We don’t know, but ever since the earth quake in Haiti, he has a passion and prays for the Haitians. I guess if this “little boy” lives in Haiti, he gets all those extra thoughts and prayers from Matthew.
If there is any way of sending this to the “little boy” or even knowing that it went towards his country, Matthew would be thrilled!!!
If you have any feed back as to where this boy lives, is located, or how his physical situation is, we would love to hear!!!
Thank you for all you do to help the hurting world!
Believing Christ can do miracles for this “little boy”,
The Lapps
~ Michael, Lori, Hadassah, Matthew and Ashlyn Lapp"



I don't mean to post this as a bragging thing we have done.  It's honestly the first time we have done anything like this.  Kinda like taking a step of faith and we are hoping something God glorifying can come out of this whole project!
..................................

And because love is in the air at our house, here's a picture I took to help spread it!  I have an anniversary and Valentines coming up!!!  Yippee!