Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bumps in life ...

Sometimes life just dosen't seem fair.  Sometimes it's not.  Sometimes things don't go our way.  Actually, why is it when things are "not so good", that it's then we notice our blessings? 

Why do people have to suffer?  Why are there so many women loosing their unborn babies?  Miscarrages and Still bornes?  Life is tough sometimes.

Why do children have to battle for their health?  For, shouldn't that just be something old people face?  Why is there that dreaded desease called Cancer?

Why do some children face battles in life as really tough?  Well, probably because they are!

Why do I worry about the future when the God of the Universe is in charge?  Do I lack faith?  Belief?  Do I doubt His power?

HE IS IN CONTROL!  Of everything!

++++++++++ 

The start of this week seems to be bumpy.  I come back from vacation and it's hits me like a ton of bricks of what really is important in life.  Formost my relationship with Jesus, next my family, and then my friends.  What we do today, will our affect us tomorrow.

So, if you are one that is hurting today, take courage!  Take strength in Jesus!  Praise Him in the storms of life!  Think positive even though life seems negative!  Train your thoughts to say, "Make today the best day of my life!"

Last night at small groups I was reminded of just how important it is to think positive and praise the Lord for the blessings we have!

I have a small book of Bible verses that I jotted down many years ago.  It starts out with these words:
1.)  God is who He says He is.
2.)  God can do what He says He can do.
3.)  I am who God says I am
4.)  I can do all things through Christ.
5.)  God's word is alive and active in me.
I'M BELIEVING GOD!

And here are some verses that I have written down on my pages.  Let them feed your soul!

"But he was wonded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:  the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."  Is. 53:5

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  1 Peter 5:6&7

"Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee."  Is. 49:15b

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."  Prov. 3:5&6

"I can do all things through Christ which stengheneth me."  Phill. 4:13

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thansgiving let your requests be made known unto God."  Phill. 4:6

"Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will fless from you.  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.  Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."  James 4:7&8

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear:  What can man do unto me?"  Ps. 118:6

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:  I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  John 10:10

+++++++++++

Here's a song I heard on Monday and thought, "Wow, that would be a great song when I need a lift.  Or when others need encouragement.  Or when life is tough." 

So, here it is to those of us who need to be reminded of God's awesome LOVE & PEACE LIKE RIVER!!!  (Isn't it comforting to know it's not like a creek?  Rivers are full and overflowing!  Lot's of water!  Lot's of peace!)

Blessings ~