Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hearts & Love

Hearts.  Love.  Kisses.  Hugs. 

These are all things that seem to be broad casted all around us this time of year.  February is filled with red, pink, hearts, and dollies!  I like it.  I love any holiday, even the smaller ones like Valentines Day. 

I helped the kids make all their valentines for their class this week.  (Sorry, forgot to take pics!)  They will miss their party at school next week because we are going on a family vacation and won't be around for it.  We decided to make valentines for the kids in school even if our kids can't be there.  Hadassah and Matthew both took a red paper heart and stuck a valentine lolly pop in it.  They addressed it to each person in their class.  They looked really nice!

Extra lolly pops floating around the house.

Thinking of Valentine's Day coming up makes me think of hearts.  My heart.  The hearts of the children that live in our house.  The broken hearts of those hurting around us. 

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."  Proverbs 4:23
"The meek shall eat and be satisfied;  they shall praise the Lord that seek him:  your heart shall live for ever."  Ps. 22:26
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  Matt. 6:21
"Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in me."  John 14:1
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."  Ps. 51:10

We just had three evenings in a row where we went to Winter Bible School.  There was such great wisdom taught and lots of things to ponder on.  The speaker talked a lot to the father's and mother's and how it is important to reach to the HEARTS of your children now ... when they are young.  Challenge.  Trying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ashlyn turned 45 weeks old yesterday.  She still only has two teeth but I think she is cutting through some more.  She seems a little irritable this week.  However, she is the LOVE AND LAUGHTER in our home!  We just all smother her with kisses and get the biggest laughs from her many, funny faces she makes.  It seems like she knows how to show off already!  Too cute!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We are packing our suitcases!!!  Matthew is counting down the nights we have to sleep yet before going on a family vacation!  I think he's at 3 more nights!

Packing for a vacation is much funner than unpacking when you get back home and it's been awhile since I needed to pack baby things!  A great blessing but more stuff!  Mike asked last night how many suitcases we are needing to take along?  Um mmm, a few!  (Yep, that big suitcase is packed again, but this time for a longer get away!)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Enjoy the HEART season!  Take extra much thought of LOVE.  Do an extra kind deed for someone that needs some LOVE and COMPASSION today.  You really won't have to think that hard, because there are so many people around us that maybe just need a pat on the back or a simple hug to remind them that someone LOVES them!  Kiss your kids extra much today!  Kiss, hug, and enjoy the snuggles your hubby gives you and give him twice as many back!  Celebrate the HEART month with LOVING moments!

Here are some HEART things around our home right now ...

Ashlyn was given this little shirt for a baby gift and it's filled with hearts!  Love it!
Also, bought a heart of chocolates for my lover! 
I want to give it to him when we are on vacation!  Shhhh!
 We are having fun with the window markers my mom gave to Hadassah for her birthday!
Here's a note I wrote for her on her bedroom mirror.
 A a note she wrote for me on the back door!
 Brownies cut into heart shapes ... of course!  It's almost Valentine's Day!
 Mike's mom has these donuts on hang when we go to their house.  Matthew loooves them!
She blessed him with a box last week!
And, the hearts on Ashlyn's pants today ...
 My secret sister gave me this glass for an anniversary gift! 
I love gifts like these!  Milk and granola for my breakfast this morning was great!
If you would be at my house right now, you would notice this card on my kitchen counter. 
I gave it to Mike on our anniversary! 
What a perfect time of year to celebrate an anniversary and Valentine's!!!
Ashlyn was pressed the little heart of this bear this morning over and over again.
It sings a little song and she soaked it all in!

I hope your week is filled with lots of hearts too!
Happy Hearts Day!!!