Friday, February 10, 2012

Delicous hearts ...

Every morning, as soon as I wake up the kids for school, I ask, "What do you want for breakfast?"  Lately, its been french toast.  Or hot chocolate and toast. Or pancakes.  This morning it was pancakes.  Matthew ordered his by saying, "Make me one really BIG one.  The last time you didn't make it big enough."  OK.  Hadassah ordered hers by saying, "Make me three little pancakes with m&m's in.  LITTLE ones."  OK. 

So different!  I like it that way.  Matthew soaks his pancakes (without m&m's) with homemade syrup.  He scrapped his plate clean this morning and said it was good.  Hadassah ate her pancakes with whipped cream on top.  The first time she ever did this, I was kinda grossed.  Whipped cream on pancakes???  Then I tried it and now I really like it that way too.  Not so sweet, especially if you already have m&m's in them!  No syrup for her.

I had a tiny bit of pancake mix yet to make and so I made it for Mike.  I carried it over to him and asked if he wants it.  He said, "No thanks."  I came back to where the kids were eating and Hadassah said, "Cut it in a heart shape and then ask him again."  I did, and when Mike saw it, he smiled and said he would love to have it!  It worked!  Hadassah and I smiled!

We are still enjoying the "heart" things and really love Valentine's.  I made Mike a gingerbread latte' before he left the house this morning and tried to make the milk foam into a heart.  The caramel syrup helped with the design too.
==========
We've been busy this week with packing and shopping for some clothing for warm weather.  We are going south for a little and I have been preparing for our vacation coming up!  Matthew has a bunch of his school work done already, so he won't have to taking it along on vacation!  That's great!

I bought another bag yesterday.  I have a BIG weakness for bags, purses, and and and and well, bags.  At church the other night, Mike and a friend were joking about their wives bags.  They made a comment that it would be safer/easier to find something in the everglades filled with alligators than to find something in our bags.  (Or something like that.  Really now???) 

Mike hates looking in my purse.  He claims he can't find anything he's looking for!  He always looks at me with "the look" when I ask him to seek and search in my bag for something.  Things like the check book, pens, fingernail clippers, etc. just never can be found by him!!!  He says when he finally does know where the check book is, I switch purses!  True.  Not always a new purse, but I like to switch often.

I was looking for a new beach bag.  Something BIG and not bulky.  Thanks to Joe Boxer from Kmart.  That was my find.  Then I was also looking for a bag that I could use as my diaper/travel bag.  I love bags ... but not really "diaper" bags.  They have lots of pockets, which is great, but they all look like "diaper" bags.  I like a little more of a classy look but refuse to pay a lot of $$$ for a really nice one.  I went round and round in a few stores, hoping to find something I like.  Finally, I just decided to use what I already have.  Then I saw it ... a big bag, nice, roomy, some pockets and in my option good for my use!  I bought it and it really is going to be nice using it.  I actually found it in the luggage section, so because of its size, it might just be something I will use when traveling or for bigger occasions.  When I showed it to Mike, he said, "Hon, they are just getting bigger!"  I know it, but flying with three kids and a hubby, I knew bigger would be good.  For some odd reason, mom's get to carry every one's things!  I think it will be just perfect!  He said that all he would need for his vacation would be that bag with a few sets of clothes.  That's it.  Well, maybe, but I said that because he is a father of three, that will not work. 

I am trying to keep it simple with my packing, but I keep thinking of all I want to take along.  A few games for the kids.  Some toys for baby.  Some foods.  Some "heart items" for Valentine's Day on our vacation.  Etc...

Simple.  Simpliar.  I try.  I will.