Saturday, February 4, 2012

My week has flown by ...

Another weekend is starting .... already!  My week has been so busy.  Busy with appointments, tending to a sick boy, and trying to rest myself from sickness.

Matthew was home two days this week from school because he was sick.  On Monday, he was home from just a cold but I didn't want him sneezing and spreading his germs to all his classmates around him.  Then yesterday, he was home again, but this time from the stomach bug.  Throwing up and sleeping was pretty much what he did all day.  He is the easiest kid to tend to when sick though.  (Well, compared to Hadassah!)  I didn't even know when he was throwing up sometimes because he would go to the bathroom himself. 

Hadassah was sent her very first dozen of roses from her Uncle, John Micheal.  He sent it to her for her birthday and for encouragement.  What a blessing and the smell of the roses is awesome on my dining room table.  There's no lady that will complain about having a dozen of roses on her table from her husband (anniversary flowers!!!) and another dozen right beside for her daughter!!!  Wow!  Blessings!!!


On Wednesday, I felt like I was coming down with a cold and tried to drink lots of liquids and hot teas, etc..  Thursday, is was a runny nose and then yesterday I woke up feeling terrible.  Mike took one look at me and said, "Don't even get close!  I don't want to catch it too."  It's not the most loving thing to say to a wife first thing in the morning, but I probably said it to him before too.  Thankfully, I was able to rest and doctor myself up.  Wednesday also was another timeline for Ashlyn.  She is now 10 1/2 months old.  She makes all kinds of funny faces and is pure bliss!!!
Here she is making one of her funny faces ...
 10 1/2 MONTHS OLD ...


On Tuesday, was Matthew's Reader Tea at school.  This is when first grade invites mothers to their classroom for tea, cookies, and reading books.  Matthew read a book to his class and Ashlyn and I sat and listened.  He did great and his story was cute!  Thanks for inviting us Matthew!

Tuesday was also Mike's Dealer Day at the shop.  Baby and I went to the shop for lunch with Mike and all his dealers and Mike had a great display of sheds for the dealers to browse around in and look.  Mike does so good at days like these and his work crew sure knows how to make their sheds appealing!

Now, today is Saturday already!  I don't mind that at all!  I love weekends, especially now that Matthew and I are feeling much better! 

I prepared some dessert for tomorrows big game ... Super Bowl!  Here's a really easy idea if you still need something to make for the big game!

Pipe white icing on football shaped Oreo's ...

 Bake cupcakes ...
 Pipe green icing on top of the cupcakes and top with a cookie ...
Easy as that!!!

Have a SUPER weekend!!!