Monday, March 18, 2013

Bigger than any mountain!

Life ... sometimes the troubles and worries get heavy.  And sometimes we ride on mountain tops.
 
Yesterday, Mike left for a golf outing for a few days, leaving me to care for the kids alone.  We went to church and the devotional I read in the morning was the same thing that was shared in the church message.  I like when that happens.  It seems to be a double encouragement!
 
We got home from church and had lunch.  The kids were entertaining themselves and I was sitting on the chair thinking and relaxing.  Then, my relaxing turned into worrying.  I sat worrying for those that are having a difficult time in life.  I sat wondering if they will be OK?  I reread the verses that encouraged me so much just a few hours earlier at church.  I prayed.  I even talked to a friend.  Sometimes getting it out and 'off my chest' helps.
 
I know that God gives peace.  Peace like a river. 
 
Last night, was great!  The kids and I enjoyed a night of laughter (a good dose) at our church talent show.  There were so many skits that I laughed and laughed through.  I like nights like these!  Everyone needs them!  The kids enjoyed it too!  Especially, "Give Bessy, give.  The babies gotta live!"  It's still ringing in my head and I get smiles thinking about it!
 
I am writing all of this for those who are having a hard time in life.  For those that need a little encouragement at times too.  Like me.  We attended a night of singing on Saturday night and they sang this song!  It's an old favorite.  I still like it and it's my reminder today to not get all worried about the things I can't change or help.  Pray.  Stop worrying!  Trust God.  Again.  Trust Him.  I need to set my focus on ALL my blessings that God gives me every day!  Count them one by one!
 
Here's a song for you to start out your Monday strong!  Strong in the Lord!!!
 
"Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9