Monday, March 25, 2013

"Egg"cellant!

This is the Easter week. We are starting it with it snowing huge, white flakes outside.  Not my preference ... but it looks gorgeous and we are warm and dry here inside.  I always say, "If it's gonna be cold, it might as well snow."  I usually mean this in "Winter" and not "Spring".  Since the Spring weather just can't seem to get here soon enough for me and if it's cold anyway ... I guess I will welcome the snow.  Snow in Spring?  I can go with it.  OK.  :))) 

However, I am really enjoying it this morning.  I have Pandora playing Easter Songs on the Bose.  Ashlyn is giving her 'baby Kate' and teddy bear a ride in her baby stroller.  The heater is still turned on low in the family room.  It's cozy!

Thinking about Easter seems a bit silly with the snow outside still coming down heavy.  It does remind me of the verse, " ... wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."  ~ Jesus

Here are my pansies and daisy's on the back porch.  I hope they survive!  :)
Here's the outside of my back door!  Everything white and snowy!
 

The children did some fun Easter projects in the Sunday School classes yesterday.  Hadassah filled a large egg with Rice Krispie candy and then a cross inside.  So neat!  Hadassah's class also had a small seed they put in water and it grew into a small branch in no time!  Really!  I have to read up on the branch.  It looks like an evergreen.  It went from tiny to a small branch in an hour!


Matthew decorated a graham cracker with icing and candy!  He said the icing is good!  :)

With Easter on my mind and seeing a fun food to do this morning on a blog I have come to enjoy, I whipped up some Rice Krispie Eggs in no time flat!  You can too if your into some fun!





Melt some butter in a large pan.  About 3 Tb.  Melt one bag on marshmallows with the butter till everything is nice and creamy!  Gooey!  Stir in 6 cups Rice Krispies.  Spray a plastic Easter Egg with cooking spray.  Also, spray some on your fingers so that the gooey mixture will not stick on your fingers.  Fill the egg half full and then place a chocolate egg (or I used a Robin Egg Candy).  Fill the other half on the egg and press together.  Open and set in an egg carton.  Sprinkle with fun sugars or sprinkles too!  I did two different egg sizes.  I know the kids will enjoy these treats!!!  :)  This would be fun to make with them! I might do another batch with their help later in the week!?!
 
Enjoy the snow.  I can see a Robin out by the pines watching it snow.  I think it is confused!  Matthew and I both said "Yippee" when we saw the first on the Robins showing up in our trees!  I hope they don't mind too much!
 
Happy Easter Week!!!