Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Let it grow" ...


Some seeds have been planted in the ground last week.  I hoped Spring was here to stay.

The kids are all into this song on the movie Lorax called "Let it grow".  Yesterday, was the first I watched the movie and the song is really cool.  It's got a catchy tone and one that kinda sticks in your head all day.

This week seemed to be wet and dreary.  I am so ready for Spring to come and push Winter out the door!  Officially, that first day of Spring is on Wednesday.  (Yes, we will have a celebration!!!)  I hope the sunshine comes on strong too!!!  I wish my laziness and body wouldn't depend so much on the outside weather conditions.  When we were in Florida, with the sunshine warm and bright, I felt like I could conquer the world!  Lot's of energy!  Now, back to the North and wet, cold and dreary, seems to give me no motivation to Spring clean or get aggressive with my yard sale collection to sell.  That's why I am really hoping next week will be filled with sunshine and warmth!  :)

I am again into my veggie melt tortillas for a healthy lunch.  Yesterday, I put a tiny bit of butter on the bottom of my pan and then put a tortilla on top.  I put asparagus, mushrooms, and left over roasted sugar peas (thanks to Costco, we can enjoy all these spring veggies now!) on top of my tortilla.  I sprinkled on some feta cheese and shredded muenster cheese.  I turned on the stove at low and left it warm up the veggies slowly.  The cheese got all melty and the veggies soft, leaving my tortilla with a crispy crunch! 


I sat down to eat this yummy lunch ... and yep, my healthy eater companion came too!  Ashlyn was not about to miss out on this meal!  I had already made her a sandwich (which she picked all apart) and she ate some sliced cucumbers.  She loved my lunch!  It thrills me how she eats veggies and what most people would think are 'adult foods'.  Why is it that we serve the kids hot dogs and French fries and then the adults eat the salad and good burgers???  Maybe we may say "it's easier".  Not really.  If we can make the healthy foods for us to eat then maybe the little people would enjoy it too.?  You might be surprised what your kids will eat after seeing you enjoying!  :)

Hat's off to a good weekend!!!  With a talent show written on my calendar ... we are sure to get some extra laughter in our hearts this weekend!  I hope to get a good dose!!!

Here's the song I mentioned earlier.  I hope it will bring you some Spring fever and a smile to your face.  With the rain showers, I am sure my seeds will grow.