Thursday, October 3, 2013

A day out in Lititz!

With Mike being out of town for a few days with Dave, Suz and I decided to make an afternoon tour through Lititz.  It was just what we thought and so much fun!

Last winter, I was at a crepe brunch.  (Yeah, I know!  Crepes are so tasty!!!)  While we enjoyed our foods, I was introduced to some oils.  Olive oils with flavoring.  I got to try a few and thought they were great!  I was told that there is a really neat shop in Lititz that makes tons of oils and balsamics!  I told Suz about this place months ago because I knew she would love it!

Suz called me yesterday and we made quick plans to go today!!!  What fun and how perfect the weather was for us to park and walk the town!  We got there at lunch time so we started off our adventure with eating at this awesome, small, crowded cafe'!  Tomato Pie Cafe'!  I ordered the 'house featured dish ... Tomato Pie'.  It was delicious and the greens and scone was so tasty to!  I got to try a Lemon Oil for my dressing!  Then to top it all off ... I ordered a 'Creamed Caramel Apple Cider' drink!  Heavenly ... really!!!  I have never tasted apple cider so good in a warm drink.  I was told the ingredients and so now I must try this at home!!!  I'll share that with you sometime!!!  I promise!!!  :)




After lunch, we went across the street to Wilbur Chocolate Factory.  Oh, we went from one smell to the next!  Warm chocolate and lots of choices to choose from in the gift shop.  I had to get a small bag of Wilbur Buds!  We need more beans for the coffee maker too, so I grabbed a bag of their coffee beans.  I am anxious in trying it!  It might just be my fuel tomorrow morning!  :)  There were some employees coating pretzels one by one with chocolate in the store.  Amazing that they still do chocolate coating my hand and not by machine!  Neat!

From there we went to the place that we came to the small town for ... Olio!!!  Lots and lots of oils!!!  I was surprised by how you tasted the oils of your choice.  There were really small cups that you put a drop or two of the oil you wanted to taste and then ... taste it.  Like stick your tongue in and taste it.  Or drink it!  Suz and I were the only ones in the store for awhile and we had some real tasting going on.  I would try and like ... and then she would awe and ahh over another one.  There was only one that I tried that I didn't like ... Fajita.  Nasty!  I did come home with six 'small' bottles of my favorites!!!  "Tuscan Herb", "Pina Colada White Balsamic", "Cucumber Melon With Balsamic", "English Toffee Balsamic", "EVOO with Natural Persian Lime" and "Hickory Smoke"!  I can't wait to share these flavors with Mike!  He loves oils and I hope he will be impressed with my choices!!!  :)

(Sorry but my phone just doesn't take the best pics.)
 

We finished our Lititz Tour with a real tour.  We stopped at Tom Sturgis Pretzel Bakery.  We did the 20 minute tour and I was amused at how pretzels all began!  Interesting! 
 

Thanks so much Suz for calling me and saying, "Let's go!"  I loved everything about today and you are special!  Thanks for your friendship!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We are really missing Mike not being home!  I am hoping that my days keep going fast!  I have been going from one project to another around here.  Yesterday, mom and Jody helped me houseclean!  We got all my main rooms cleaned upstairs and it feels so good and fresh!!!  Also the carpets got cleaned professionally on Monday and that too made a huge difference!  Clean!!!!

After school yesterday, the kids and I went to moms for a delicious supper.  (Thanks Mom.)  We did a quick photo shoot and then off to the parade!  I wasn't going to attempt going to the parade this year with three children alone, but mom said she would go along!  Perfect!  (We missed Mike though.  Some events are becoming traditions for us and this is one we hope to do more with us all included!)  We had some difficulties getting to our usual parking spot, but when we finally got seated and situated ... the parade was fun!  Lots of people, drums, candy and trucks.  We all came home ready for bed!

Thanks for going along Mom!  You always make it so much fun for the kids.  (Like when I say no to the children when the man walking the street is trying to sell things ... and you say yes!  Matthew and Ashlyn got blinking lights and Hadassah chose cotton candy.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We have a few more things planned for the rest of our week and that should pass our time quickly till Mike gets back home.

Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather.  One day is just as nice as the next!!!  A very pleasant season!!!  I am loving it!!! 

"Thanks God!!!"