Monday, September 30, 2013

3rd grade's field trip - Longwood Gardens!!!

I hopped along on Matthew's field trip last Friday!  Our gorgeous fall weather cooperated so well with all the outdoor activity at the Garden's!!!  It was a long, fun day!!!

We all rode together on a school bus to the Garden's.  Shortly after we arrived, the children split into two groups and took a guided tour!  This gave us volunteers (Moms) a few hours to roam freely around the many plants, flowers, gardens and greenhouses!  I was only there once before and it was in the Winter.  I was so amused at the vegetable garden!!!  I love to see how other people have their vegetables planted!  Fun!!!

Lot's of lettuce! 

Water lilies.  Coleus.  Mums.

I thought this was neat.  Indian corn hung at the children's area!  Matthew is normally a quiet type of boy ... unless he gets with a group of rowdy boys!  This is what his lunch bag ended up to be.  I love to see him have a good time with school friends!


Our happy son!

The Water gardens were so awesome!!!


Here's just a glimpse of my favorite area!  I loved these dahlias!!!

At lunch, we all ate together and then split into smaller groups and us Moms got to take the children to the tree houses, the fountain shows, the wood trails, and of course to see more beautiful flowers and landscaping!!!  My favorite, was an area where they had tons and tons of flowers that all grouped in color.  It would go from pink to red to orange to yellow to white to purple to blue ... etc..  Totally astounding!!!  Someone knew what they were doing and by far not just sticking a flower or plant here and there and call it beautiful!  I loved it!!!

After having some shopping time in the gift shop, we all were ready to sit and relax!  We must have all walked miles!!! The trip back to school went fast and Matthew was so excited to show his "Venus Fly Trap" to Hadassah and Mike!  It's been eating plenty of flies ever since!!!  I love that he choose a plant to buy at the Garden's!  We will try to keep it healthy and thriving!!!  :)

Thank you Miss Roth for organizing the trip and letting me tour along with your students!  God's creation is so gorgeous!!!