Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering back 12 years ago ... 9/11.

I am thinking about September 11.  It was back twelve years ago when I was pregnant with our first baby.  We were in Florida with our grandparents.  It was a VERY lovely day.  Mike was out golfing a good round of golf and I was relaxing in the sun and helping Mommy D. with house chores.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  It was a normal, September morning ... until it happened!

The planes came crashing through the Twin Towers.  Two other planes were high jacked and crashed!  What was going on???  We all wanted answers NOW!  It was scary waiting to see "what next?".  We read about in the papers.  We watched it out in the mall on the news.  (No, we didn't have our iPads, Laptops, and iPhone twelve years ago.  Crazy ... )  I had the radio on almost 24/7.

How terrible for NY and those who have been directly affected by such a tragedy!!!  All week long we would read news article after news article.  It brought many to their knees and repentance.  That's what any tragedy does!  It melts the hearts of those hurt.  I will never forget this moment. 

.................................................

Fall ... It officially begins in a few weeks.  But today I am feeling in the fall mood.  My new scented "Apple Cider Candle" is burning.  I even have some fresh apple cider in the fridge.  I might heat some up tonight and enjoy each sip!  The windows did get closed up again and AC turned on ... not just because of our warm 80 degree weather but because Mike's allergies seemed to act up again.  Sigh.  Oh, how I feel so bad for him these few weeks of allergy season for him.

I am getting the urge to put up the fall decorations in the house and make that transition from summer to fall.  My flowers in the planters outside are looking bleak and need pulled out.  They might just have to be replaced with some fall flowers and mums.?.  :)  As much as I didn't want to say good bye to summer, the fall feelings are being stirred! 

Housecleaning will be one of my next projects around here too.  We are going to be switching some bedroom furniture and get some new paint on some walls, so maybe I will have to just do the closets and drawers for now.  The carpets are in need of a deep clean too!  It will be refreshing when everything is wiped down and thoroughly cleaned.

Take time today to look at the blue sky and green grass.  It's so beautiful in September!  One of my favorite months!!!  Have a wonderful day and please say a prayer for all the 9/11 victims!