Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend memories in September!

It's September and even though I am never ready to say farewell to Summer, the brisk air and back to school routine is nice!  I love the change of seasons and my sweaters and long sleeves are looking appealing again!  Wondering though ... how comes summer seems to go by so fast and winter just don't seem to ever end?  I think they are about the same amount of weeks.  Hm mm?

I am so happy to have my hubby back home with us!  Mike was out of a golf outing last week.  He left for the hot 110 degree Arizona on Thursday morning and came back home last night.  The paid golf fun trip for Mike is a blessing from the Lumberman Company!  We really missed him so much and every time he leaves home for a few days, it reminds me how much I rely on him every day!  I love his presence.  When he comes home from work each night, the house lights up with laughter and carrying on with the children.  I tell him about my day.  I share any stories about the kids that happened.  We pray together.  We laugh.  Sometimes we cry.  We tuck the children into bed together.  We kiss each other good night and sleep side by side.  There are a ton of other things that I could list here, but one thing I am sure, when he's not home ... he's missed so much!!!  I love, love this man!!!

One way of functioning without Mike being home, is keeping myself busy.  I have not found anything yet that makes me 'forget he's not home', but being occupied seems to help a little.  So on Thursday night, we ate at Chickfila with Linda and her kiddoes.  Steve was out of town too so that worked perfect!!!  We enjoyed our food and watched the children play in the play area.  Then we were off to Five Below to grab a few items.  Never leave a two year old hold a ball in the store and then not buy it!  Just saying that that could cause some drama!!!  :/  I surprised Matthew with telling him that he can sleep with me since it's him and I that really, really miss daddy tucking us in at night.  :)

Friday it was school for the older children and laundry for me.  Ashlyn played with Mel and Meg while Jody cleaned dad's shop.  I did some errands and then after the school children returned home, we headed up to Jody's to set up for a yard sale.  A big yard sale of old cloth and shoes.  We sold a good bit Friday night and was ready to sell lots more Saturday!  Jody served us supper and we slept there that night.  That was a real blast for the children.  I still prefer my own bed!  :)

I was up with the sun and off to get some donuts to sell at the sale.  Hot coffee and fresh donuts just seem to go together at yard sales!!!  It was cool in the morning and the sun felt good in the afternoon!  We sold more items but after lunch, I packed it all up and took it to a thrift store.  I was not going to return that stuff back into the attic!  Thanks so, so much Jody for hosting us and for giving us beds to sleep in and food to eat!!!  You are the best Sister!!!


I was so tired when we got home.  My hot bath did wonders to my body!!!  I got re energized with some coffee and quiet time and then we spent the evening with Mike's family!  Campfire and hot dogs!!!  They were so delicious!  Mom had new roasters that we all laughed and laughed at!  Just roast and flip as you go!!!  :)  With homemade ketchup and relish and mustard ... that makes any hot dog yummy!!!  The kids always have fun with their cousins and what a lucky day to play with some from both sides of the family.  It was Kan Jam and throwing balls around for them!  The adults sat around the fire chatting and all taking our turns holding Hunter!!!  :)  Such a dear baby boy!


Sunday we went to Sunday School.  We came home for lunch and I took a good nap while the others played.  When I woke up, stuff was everywhere.  Ashlyn made her round throughout the whole house.  The Sorry game was lying out in the family room.  Her babies and dishes were sprawled in the living room.  She got Matthew's Lego's out in his room.  She was in Hadassah's jewelry bag in Hadassah's room.  She had the water running in the bathroom from washing her hands.  After wiping my eyes from my slumber, we got the place clean up in no time.  Matthew had decided to make a smoothie and so the kitchen was in need of clean up too!  :)  How could this be called "a day of rest" for us moms?  I love it though!  I am so happy that the children play and make our home homey!  :)  Last night, we walked/biked out to Matt's and ate pizza while we waited for Mike to return home!

The whole weekend was fun!  I have so much to be thankful for!!!  Healthy children!  A place I can call home!  A husband that loves me and all of our children!  Family that entertains us every now and then!  :)  A church family!  And so much more ...

~ Thank you Jesus!!!  ~

Count your blessings today!  Bless someone around you with a smile.  Kiss your children and husband!  A tight squeeze may be just what a friend needs to get through a tough time.  Pray for a lost soul!  Praise our Maker!!!

I have some snack to prepare for tonight's events, so I am off to cut up some cheese and make salsa!  Blessings!