Monday, March 3, 2014

Back home to the cold ...

We are back from the sunny south.  It was so lovely while it lasted!!!  Now we are back to bundling up and wearing layers of clothing again.  (Except that Ashlyn wore her new sandals to Meg and Mel's house today.  Keeping the summer feeling is just fine with me!!!  :)  But then later she put all her snow gear on and jumped outside in the piles of hard snow.)  Our long travel back home went well.  Mike starts out with driving, then I do the midnight and graveyard shift, and then Mike drives us home the rest of the way.  It works well for us and I am so thankful for a phone with music apps and a good pair of headphones.  That really helped me stay awake in the dark when everyone else was sleeping!

We picked up Ginger on our way home.  She was so happy to see us and we were happy to see her too.  Thank you so much Sadie for caring for her while we were gone.  We got home around 11:30 AM, Saturday morning.  We unloaded the Yukon and put away the things that needed refrigerated.  Mike and I were so tired.  We decided to not make a breakfast stop that morning and keep traveling till we get home.  We were all tired and hungry.  Mike and I decided to get a good nap and we were both in bed by 1 PM.  We slept till 4 PM!  Our beds on vacation were not so good and so our own, comfy bed felt wonderful!!!  It was 4 PM when we laughed and thought that maybe eating something would be our next best decision.  Mike went for cereal while I heated up some canned soup.  The kids had already been picking on snacks that they found in the pantry while we napped!  I unpacked some more things and then Hadassah and I snuck out for a few groceries.  With the forecast calling for more snow, I wanted some snacks and veggies/fruits on hand.  Plus I had nothing great for the kids school lunches on Monday.  We were blessed by friends that bought us milk and filled our fridge with fiber balls, homemade yogurt and jello salad.  Even some fresh daffodil's were placed on my kitchen counter!  It feels good knowing we were missed around home!  Thanks Marlene and Lena for the foods!

Sunday morning we were off to church and sitting down to hear a good message was a spiritual treat once again.  "My God was, My God is, and My God will forever be" ... was the base of our sermon.  Thanks Amey Fisher for those great reminders of just how awesome our God really is!!!  We came home from church and I was putting some bacon in the oven when Lena stopped in for a gallon of milk.  She said they were having ultimate grilled cheese and soup ... so we took our bacon and jello salad and ate with them!  Having family live so close has it's advantages!!!  :)  We chatted and rested and then home for quick naps.  We were anxiously waiting for the snow to arrive.  6 - 12 inches we thought.  We spent the evening with Matt Lapp's hoping to get snowed in or at least watch the inches of snow accumulate.  The kids had a blast together and we played on game of Cities and Knights.  It never snowed till after we got home.  So much for getting snowed in?!!!  :)

The kids did have a two hour delay today from the little bit of snow we did get during the night.  No 6 plus inches though.  Hadassah was really excited about going to school and seeing all her friends.  Matthew was excited too!  It was a great feeling sending them off to school and knowing that they really do like their school and they such a great environment!  Meanwhile, I did laundry.  I finished unpacking the suitcases.  I cleaned up the floors and then went to sister Jody's for lunch.  Mom went too and it's always fun chatting with them after one of us get back from being somewhere.  Ashlyn had a great time playing with the twins again!

It is March now and that's the month that seems to be more winter but yet Spring!!!  Only 17 more days till the First Day of Spring!!!  We can't wait!  I can't wait to see the snow melt and plant the garden.  Our weeds are always way out of control in the early Spring so that part I don't look forwards too.  I am ready to yard sale!  Ready to feel some warmer tempts here in our county.  Ready to see the earth sprout with new bud!  Matthew noticed the first Robin bird yesterday and I have seen a few since!  That's always a wonderful sign of spring being soon!!!

I have a few more Florida pics to share ...

 Our three blessings!!!


 Me and my man!!!

 This is typical!!!  Hadassah is always out to have a good time!!!  Matthew carries right along with the crazy action!






 Ashlyn loved finding seashells!

 Darling ...

 Our family!




 This bike carried all three of our children at one point in their young lives.  This was Ashlyn's transportation when she was with her daddy!!!

 We only got to spend one afternoon with JR's because the day we left ... they arrived.  The kids played and played all afternoon with them!  They love being with these kids!!!  Thanks JR's for the fun day!!!

Think Spring!!!  I can't wait for things to warm up and new life burst forth from the ground!!!