Monday, March 10, 2014

Spiritually fed!!!

I just love when I hear a sermon and my heart feels like a sponge.  Soaking in every single word I hear!  We heard a wonderful sermon yesterday.  Mike got an invite from a friend to come and listen to their guest speaker.  With some very quick arrangements, I got my helper for our Sunday school class to stop in here Sunday morning and pick up our lesson craft.  She taught the class instead of me so that we as a family could go hear this guest speaker.

The man was born in England (so sorry I don't even know his name) but raised in America.  He was an interesting speaker and I really enjoyed his thoughts!  I have three small pages of notes!  Before falling asleep last night I read over them again just to soak in more of the promises of God! 

His message topic was titled "Surviving the Anointing of God."  How do we do that?  Why are there so many Christians burning out?  He gave lots of examples and some that I really like were these.  He asked if a newborns life is difficult?  Well ... no.  When a baby cries, it doesn't worry or get stressed.  It knows that his mother will comfort him, feed him, change his pamper.  He referred that to us believers and God.  Why do we worry about the things that are out of our control?  He also spoke of us being like the vine and branches.  Branches just hang onto the tree.  It's not a hard thing to do.  It's the roots that work to go deep and to stand the trials and winds.  Christians are the branches and God is the root or vine.  The branch depends totally on the trunk and 'vine'.  The more growth we want in Jesus, the more dependent we must be in Him!  I'm trying ...

God's anointing is also like going from a poor sinner to a wealthy believer!  Now we have the ability to have things we couldn't before.  Things like forgiving others, peace, joy, eternal life in heaven!  It's not because of what I earned but a free gift God offers to everyone!!!  "Blessed are the poor in spirit" means that we should be like a beggar in Jesus.  I need to learn my lack of ability and understand that Jesus can help me do all I am called to do.  A beggar relies on others for help.  How much do I really rely on God for help?  How much???  God wants my ABSOLUTE DEPENDENCY to be in Him!  He wants to always maintain the glory.  Not man.  He also chooses the losers.  Those who have speech problems. (Moses)  God chooses the weak.  Moses was a man brought from the palace.  Moses had the best teachings.  Moses knew the important people in 'the white house'.  When Moses messed up and killed an Egyptian, it was after that that he was in the wilderness for 40 years!  40!!!  That's a long time folks!  God finally appeared in that burning bush and then Moses did something that I may have done too.  Excuses.  Moses thought God had the wrong guy in mind.  He said that he wasn't a good speaker but God told him to then say that it was God who sent you. 

God's strength is made perfect when we are weak!  I need to thank God for my weaknesses because it's then when God gives us strength and I don't take any glory.  After reading Hebrews 11:32 - 34, the minister gave some great thoughts!  It talks of Gideon and how Gideon fought a battle with only 300 men.  After the victory, Gideon then knew that it was because of God that they won the battle because the enemy was much, much greater!  Barak was a military leader.  Samson may have been a guy without huge muscles?  Maybe that was why Delilah kept asking where he gets his strength.  Again, it was because of God!  Jephthah was rejected by his own people but still became a prophet.  David got invited late to the brothers dinner with the prophet.  Why wasn't he invited in the first place?  Imagine how that must have felt walking in to a nice dinner smelling like sheep and then being told that you were chosen to be something great!  And what about Samuel the little priest?  God spoke to a child and he listened!

"The more emptiness you can present to God, the more fullness you can receive!" 

"As long as we seek God, He will give us strength."

"Apart from God ... we can do nothing!"

This sermon is a challenge to not worry and trust God!

________________________________________________

I'm not much of a reader.  For sure not a book worm.  But the other day I saw this small book setting beside the couch.  It was one of Mike's many reads.  It's called "Fish".  I started to read and read and I read the whole book that afternoon!  That is not me!!!  It was good stuff!  I learned that maybe if I find books of my interest, like this one, I would read much more.  Reading is so good for a mind.  I will be searching through Mike's library for similar books!  You too should read it!

 
_______________________________________________
 
I am trying to adjust to this time change thing.  I'm not a big fan just yet.  We were all so tired this morning and Matthew even ate his two dippy eggs and toast with his eyes closed at moments.  Goodness!  We did try to get to bed early though last night but the cereal at Matt Lapps tasted good and being with Dave's and Matt's was fun!!!  Thanks Marlene for letting us just walk in!!!  :)
 
Saturday was a sunny day and a bit warmer.  In the 50's.  I decided to rake out my flower beds around the house.  Ashlyn was my helper.  We were having a good time being outside and raking up yuk that the winter always brings.  I threw out the greens that were still in containers by the front door.  We filled up a garage bag with twigs, etc..  But we got to the back side of the house and suddenly I couldn't rake anymore!!!  There was still snow in my way!!!  I don't ever remember of that happening before!  I had to go hang up my rake and call it done for now.  I also blew out the garage and the driveway but again I had to blow around some snow.  Crazy!!!  Come Spring ... please!!!
 
A lot of snow did melt after Saturday and Sunday though!  I am ready to see the grass turn green and plant the garden!!!
 
Matthew loved to have a ride on the four wheeler once again Saturday!  It's a muddy mess outside!!!
 

 
 
___________________________________________
 
It was laundry and Bible study for me and Ashlyn this morning.  Our study of David is coming to a close at church.  It's been so interesting!  There are so many lessons to learn from King David!  Now, I need to get some laundry folded and be off to get some groceries!  Be blessed this week and trust God!  Pray about your trials and tell Him your struggles!!!  He does really care for you!!!