Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wishful thinking???

You know the feeling when you wish so bad that Winter would finally say goodbye and have Spring arrive?  Like when it seems to be lasting much longer than the other seasons do?  Am I being wishful thinking when I say that I feel Spring is right around the corner?

The tempts are still so cold but the sun shines like Spring will be here soon.  I could somehow get that feeling inside of me that Spring on it's way!  Maybe it is because mom and I were helping my sister houseclean yesterday?  Maybe it's because when I woke up yesterday, I noticed the sunrise was over just a bit farther than usual?  Maybe it's because March is when "the First Day of Spring" actually happens?  It may even be because I glanced through the paper for some yard sales?  Spring is such a fun time for Hadassah and I to yard sale!  We can't wait!  Maybe it's because ever since we are back from Florida we see robin's in the back yard!  Or it could also be because Mike had a ball meeting this week?  We also have Matthew registered for Little League again.  What ever it is ... I am thinking Spring!

I am thinking of Spring so much that today I put all the winter mittens, suits, jackets, and boots in the attic!  I hope they will stay put there till next winter!!!  :)  I also took down all the Christmas cards people sent to us that we plastered all over the back door!  (Thank you everyone!  We love them all!)  The home made paper snowflakes went to the trash.  The glittery snowflakes that hung by the fire mantle were taken down and replaced with yellow and orange spring flowers.  I dug out my small Spring sign and proudly displayed it with my silk Spring flowers!  We got a bag of fresh jelly beans waiting to be devoured too!  I say all of this to make a statement ... "I am so ready for Spring time!"

I would love to make a stroll through the greenhouses soon!  I am thinking about seeds and planting the garden!  I just wish all the snow would now melt faster and let the grass turn green and the roses sprout with buds!  Everyone will have lots of Spring cleanup from the ice storm around here but I am ready to get the gardening gloves on and work outside!  I am ready for the fresh Spring foods too.  Radishes, fresh spinach and lettuce, sugar peas ... they will all taste so good!

But for now, it's a few more weeks of Winter.  I have housecleaning to do myself around here and that should keep me busy until March 20 comes around!  (That's always the first day of Spring!  I have that date memorized!!!  :)  )

So ... whether or not thinking of Spring just yet is wishful thinking ... I'll invite you to dream with me!!!  Get in the Spring mood and set out something refreshing on your kitchen table!!!  Burn a floral candle.  You can even wear your flip flops around the house if you like!  :)

I love Spring and I can't wait till it arrives!!!