Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Day with sisters" ...

Yesterday, I had the day out with my sister-in-laws!  We have lots of April birthdays with Mom, Anna Ruth & Linda being some of them.  Lena planned a lunch outing for all of us and it was fun!  Even though it rained and rained all day long, we made the best of it and still went from store to store after lunch with our umbrellas assisting us.  :)

We ate at a place called "Cosi".  I never heard of the place before but I really liked it!!!  They make their flat breads right there in a fire oven.  I ordered a flat bread sandwich and a side salad.  Both were very tasty!!!  I also got a raspberry, lime, lemonade drink.  From there we went to Old Navy & Home Goods.  I was pleased with my buys!  :)  Linda had to leave a little earlier to get Celine at school so that left me with the rest of the ladies to take home.  Rosie and Bobo live nearby the restaurant so they went on their merry way as the rest of us drove home in the pouring rain.  It was good to be back home and out of the rain.  My feet were wet and I was so into spending the night inside or cozy home!


Mike got home from work and we enjoyed some subs and hot potato soup!  Soup just seems to be a must on such a rainy day!  :)  The kids looked at books, had some electronic time and then we again watched some of the life of Jesus.  With Easter being right around the corner, reading and watching about the life of Jesus is perfect!  When we were ready to tuck the kids into bed, Mike looked outside and it was snowing!!!  Huge, big flakes!  The weather turned really cold too.  I hope the flowers that I planted this week are OK?  The greenhouses say geranium and petunias can take the cold!!!  My spinach seeds may have floated to a different part of my garden too?  So much rain yesterday! 

This was our back yard and my flowers after the small snow shower last night.



I called and ordered our mulch the other day and it arrived today!  In March, I was so ready for Spring and I just itching to get my outside work done!  Now with all the rain and windy days and this cold spurt, I can't believe it's time to mulch already!  I have a busy next couple of days so the mulching work might have to wait till next week!?!  My flower beds will look so much better because they beg for a fresh coat of mulch every Spring.  The grass is getting green and thick and the little bit of snow in the back yard needs to melt before I take the mower over it again!  :)))  Unbelievable!  It reminds me this morning of the manna God provided for the children of Israel.  They prayed for that supply of food and He provided for them.  However, I did not pray for this little snow shower but I'll take it as a blessing.  :) 

Sunday evening the kids were into something quick and fast to eat.  It so happened that I had four hot dogs in the fridge still from the other weekend grilling.  I saw in an old food magazine of this fun food creation.  Hadassah helped me assemble these cute "butterflies".  All you need is hot dogs and crescent rolls.  Unroll the crescent rolls and divide them into the cut out triangles.  Then divide each triangle into two giving you a total of 16 small pieces.  Make small balls out of each piece.  Split the tops of each hot dog and place on a baking sheet.  Put four small roll balls around the hot dog to make it look like a butterfly and then flatten the balls just a bit.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (or until brown).  Dab on some "eyes" with ketchup and enjoy!  Yield:  4


We have this robin bird that sits in our front tree every morning.  I see it when I open up the window blinds.  I think it was cold this morning and I wonder if it is impressed with the snow?  :)


Even though we had snow last night ... Spring is still here.  I hope the warmer tempts find us really soon again!!!