Thursday, April 3, 2014

Life ...

Some days go by so fast.  Others seem to linger on and then end with a sigh.  I'm not sure what makes the difference?  Today was a great day with our toddler!!!  She seemed to be so sweet all day.  After being so tired last night from her not taking a nap yesterday, I was happy to have a better day today.  Yesterday was a day that I felt like she was trying me out.  Like when I caught her eating Gingers food.  She knows better and I can't see how it even tasted well.  She kept shutting the door in front of Hunter (I was babysitting him yesterday) and saying that there are alligators in the room.  Hunter didn't appreciate being in the room all by himself with these pretend alligators.  Can't say I blame him.  She didn't have a nap either and so her mood was not the best. 

Now today was one of those days that I knew to keep stepping and get all I could get done in fast work.  It went really well with a better tempered toddler too!  :)

Mike was off to work at his normal time.  I love how our winter mornings together on the couch reading our devotions together before he leaves is still in process!!!  When he leaves earlier during the busy times of the business, that doesn't always happen.  So, I am enjoying these moments together!  It gives us the time to sit quietly.  Read.  Think.  Pray.  Sometimes even laugh or cry.  Life can be so fun and then sometimes so hard.  I am very thankful for a man that loves the Lord and seeks for wisdom from God!!!  I then brew up a cup of coffee for him, kiss him off to work and wave to him by front window.  I think being in love with this man is a touch of heaven!!!

By this time, it's time to get the kids up for school.  For some reason waking them this morning went extra well.  While I made Matthew a piece of French toast, he got dressed.  Normally, he lays on the couch till it's ready and then eats and then gets dressed.  I think his earlier to bed last night really does make a difference!?!  Then I woke up Hadassah.  She is growing up in so many areas of life right now.  I am amazed.  She really wants to please God.  She wakes up and goes right to her bible and devotional book that lays beside her bed.  She reads and prays.  Then she gets dressed for school and finally makes her way to the kitchen for a bite to eat.  After they both brush their teeth and comb their hair and say a prayer for their day, they are ready for another day at school.  Most times Ashlyn is now awake.  With Hadassah in and out of the bedroom, it doesn't always stay so quiet.  Ashlyn loves to watch the bus come and waves to them!  She says almost everyday that she wants to go to school too.  I think she will like school!!!  :)

Normally, Thursdays are my cleaning day here at home but because we have weekend plans, I did that yesterday.  It was my week to clean my dad's shop though, so after Ashlyn and I had breakfast, we were off to clean.  She stays with sister Jody while I clean.  Then the next week, Jody cleans and I watch the twins.  It works pretty good!  I got the shop cleaned in good time and decided to make a quick stop to get my feet soaked!  They needed it so bad and Jody was fine with watching Ashlyn a bit longer!  Thanks!!! 

Mom and Dad gave us more beef meat as a Christmas gift.  Dad raises his own beef and the past few years they also paid for the butchering as a gift!  I love this so much because it makes the best steaks and hamburgers for all our summer grilling!!!  The meat was butchered and ready for pick up today, so on the way home from cleaning, Ashlyn and I swung by to get it.  Now our freezer is stocked with fresh beef!!!  Thanks so much Mom and Dad!!!  We love you!!!

I stuck to my daily tasks and baked a large pan of crunch bars for a marriage retreat at the Haft.  We were asked to help with the cooking but since we already had other weekend plans, I decided to at least send something along up to help Rosa!  The bars turned out looking amazing and I hope they will all blessed by eating them this weekend!

By now, it was time to pick up the school children.  Ashlyn was on the brink of needing a nap and so the short drive was perfect for her to fall asleep.  We stopped for soft pretzels (because the kids are always to hungry right after school) before heading straight to the dentist.  Hadassah and Matthew both needed to get cavities filled.  Matthew went first.  After he was finished, I took him to the shop to hang out with his daddy while Hadassah finished up her time on the dentist chair.  She had two fillings and one tooth pulled that had partly fallen out already.  Ashlyn slept almost the entire time we were at the dentist.  So relaxing that way!

I put sausage in the oven before heading off to the dentist but the kids wanted some mashed potatoes yet to go with their sleeping teeth.  I whipped some together and we were finally eating supper at 6:15.  Mike wished he wouldn't have to be rushed but he had a school board meeting to head off to.  The kids studied their verses and words and then did piano.  Their bags are packed for a fun weekend with family.  The dishwasher is still running.  The washer and dryer are finishing up laundry that I wanted done before leaving for a fun weekend getaway tomorrow morning.

My day went well.  I think I mentally checked off all I need done.  (Well, Ginger needs to go to Sadie's yet tonight, but I might wait till Mike gets back home to do that?)

I am feeling blessed tonight to have good health and energy.  My Vertigo is still getting better.  I have my moments of dizziness but they are very mild.  Mostly when I wake up and lie down.  No complaints!  Mike and I have a fun weekend planned together and so it's now time for bed and get some rest!!!  Morning will be here earlier than usual.

Have a wonderful weekend and be a shining light to all those hurting around you.  A smile can brighten a day!  A thank you can make some one's day.  A hug and kiss will always make the heart feel much better!  The other day I heard this on the radio ... "Signing off but still pressing on."

Good night.