Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back to school ...

We are back into the school mode.  It crept up so fast that we were not ready to say goodbye to our late summer nights nor to our sleeping in mornings!  We kept thinking of how fast our summer went by but honestly, getting back into the school routine has been good so far!  I can't believe I am saying that because I was wishing for just a few more weeks of summer yet!  Somehow though, getting back into earlier mornings, having the kids leave the house before 8 AM, it makes me feel now like Fall is right around the corner.  Even though the tempts are still warm outside, in my mind I kinda change seasons when the first days of school begin.





Little Miss cried when the bus left with her older siblings.  I can not count how many times I said, "You must be at least five years old before you can go to school."  She knows it but still wishes she could go along. 


Hadassah is always ready to go back to school to see her friends.  She does well in school with her grades and I hope she works hard to reach that A Honor Roll again!  She is looking so forwards to the volleyball games coming up soon with the school teams!  I have confidence that her school year will be great!

Matthew is never ready to go back to school to say the least!  :)  He loves the lazy warm days of summer but we all know that getting this boy into reading and books is a necessary duty!  I was hoping to have him read more this summer or at least do some math facts now and then, but I did not reach my expectations!  It seems that the kids work hard in their studies at school and so then during the summer, we just don't want to think "school".  That's a terrible excuse ... I know.  :/  The first day back to school was great for Matthew though.  He has a new teacher and seems to be fond of her already!  Reaching new goals for Matthew in school will be fun to see!  Again, I have confidence that Matthew will have a great year learning!

For me, having the two older kids out of the house early gives me a little bit more quietness.  It brings a new independence again.  Ashlyn does very well playing with toys alone or with me by her side.  The house seems so quiet without Adventures in Odyssey playing constantly.  Or without Matthew making things out of paper or clips or nails or hammers, balls, rubber bands, etc.  :)  I miss the children not being home all the time but at the same time I am enjoying being home with just Ashlyn and I.  Being all together in the evening as a family is my most favorite time of the day!!!
  
 
Today, the kids had their first full day of school and I am anxious to see how it went!!!  They were both excited and that is the best feeling a mom can have when sending them off to school!  I am ever thankful for Christian's schools and wonderful education!  We are officially back to packing lunches, going through lots of school papers and filling in the school schedule into our family calendar.  May God bless us with yet another fun, learning year!!!