Friday, August 8, 2014

Just lovin' the weather!!!

I just love this kind of weather that we've been having all week!  It's August and the grass is shades of gorgeous green and the air has a chilly briskness in the evening and mornings!  It reminds me of Fall but yet still very summer like after the dew leaves us each morning!  The AC is turned off and the windows are open!  Perfect!!!  I will try to enjoy the fresh window breezes before my dear hubby's allergies kick into high gear!!!  :/  He's doing a month of no sugar and breads ... hoping that that will help with the allergies each August/September!

I've been so busy this week that getting out and exercising in the morning is not happening.  I hope to start again before the kids get back into the school routine!  Having to take Hadassah to volleyball camp each morning really made it hard to get something like a walk in before 7 AM!  To have to rush out and back and rush to get the kids up and about to go rushing to school by 8:30 ... no thanks!  I just didn't even attempt that lifestyle!  Getting up early is not something we are used to around here anymore.  I love when my mornings are quite and I can be up awhile before the children arise.  It gives me a start to a good day!  It's been a stretch to have the kids all awake by 7:15!  I am reminded that school will be starting soon and that's why I was so happy when knowing last night when everyone was tucked in ... that they could all sleep in this morning!  That's such a fun summer feeling!!!

Talking a bit about school here, Hadassah and I went out together yesterday to school shop.  Just her and I.  We love doing this every now and then!  I usually take the two school kids and buy all their supplies together.  This year I decided to do two different "dates".  Hadassah had fun picking out new folders, pencils, a calendar and lots of other school supplies!  She needed some clothing too so we for that too!  I picked her up after her last day of volleyball camp (which she totally loved!) and we took our time going from store to store to find the things on her list!  Thanks Hadassah for making this a fun time!!!

This type of weather makes it perfect for the pools too!  We planned to all meet on Tuesday at a huge pool with Mike's sisters/children!  Linda and Mary Sue missed out but the rest of us had a blast!  Even since the Dienner weekend at the pool cabin, Ashlyn has become a water duck!  She loves to float around the water with her floaties on each arm!  She's still not a big fan of a whole lot of splashing and water in her eyes ... but she loves the water!

There was a sprinkler area too at this pool!  So fun!




 Hunter loved it too!

 Matthew taking a plunge ...



 Ashlyn and Janessa ...

OK ... so I ask for a picture and this is what they do!!! 

She takes a break before going in again!

Enjoy the lovely weather!!!  Have a great weekend!!!