Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pottery Works ...

Hadassah and I had a blast together yesterday at "Pottery Works"!  We really should have more outings like these together and we really enjoyed it all!!!  Thanks so much to Ruth for inviting us along!!!

Ruth invited Hadassah and I to go with her and Latisha to some pottery place in the city!  When she explained that it had to do something with paints, pottery and art ... Hadassah was all excited!!!  I got the house cleaned first thing in the morning and then dropped Ashlyn and Matthew off to places they to will enjoy!  (Thanks Hun and Jody!)  Hadassah and I hopped along with Mim, Melody, Ruth and their fresh air girls.  Naomi and her girls met us in there too!  We grabbed a drink at Cafe' 18 and then went right next door to the pottery store.  There they had many pieces of pottery to chose from ~ each with their own price.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do a craft or not but it wasn't long before I decided ... "Why not?"  Hadassah had a hard time choosing her pottery dish but when she finally decided that the just the start of choices!  She chose a deep dish that holds chop sticks over the top.  Cute.  I picked a small, long dish.  Thinking that I will use it for a relish dish or a cute candy platter.?.  The employee explained to us the many different paint choices.  The options were endless and the design of art was completely up to each girl!!!  That's what makes art fun!  Hadassah and I both picked out a plain white pottery dish but they both turned out completely different!  Gorgeous!











It took Hadassah the longest to finish up her art.  She quickly put the finishing touches on it ~ 2 1/2 hours later.  :)  She kept saying the whole time of how much fun this is!!!  She absolutely loved it!  She now thinks her and Courtney must go there together!  :)

We had to leave our finished painted pottery pieces there at the store because they fire and glaze each piece.  This puts a nice shine and finish on each art.  They will call us in a few days to come pick it up.  I might have to go alone to get them though ... because I'm afraid Hadassah will insist on doing another craft!  :)

After we left the pottery store, we went back over to the Cafe' and grabbed some lunch.  I love these little cafe's in the city!!!  The smell of fresh coffee and the wooden floors give such a great warmth to the soul!  :)

Time out with our oldest daughter is fun!  She's the perfect age to go shopping with.  Do crafts together.  She can't wait to go school shopping and is already planning that event to be just her and I!

I love you Hadassah and I really had fun doing this craft day with you!  You are so beautiful and special.