Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pottery, crepes and hunting!

Here I go again ... quickly trying to blog before the kids come home from school.  Blogging goes best for me when I do it right after they leave for school in the morning, but my mornings have been too busy lately!

It's been a busy week and not a so healthy week for me.  I do not ever remember having a cold as bad as I have right now!!!  It started last Saturday with being a sore throat.  I sipped hot lemon water and sucked on cough drops.  Then on Sunday my throat felt better but I could feel a cold come on.  Each day my cold seemed to just get worse!!!  I slept on the couch for three nights because when I start blowing my nose and coughing, I knew it would disturb Mike.  One night, at 2 AM, I was rubbing my feet with Uncers and praying for some relief.  Hot drinks really help and I'm constantly else blowing my nose, washing my hands or putting another cough drop in my mouth.  I am trying really hard to keep this from spreading to my family but we all, except Mike, have the sniffles!

With me not being totally up to par and with keeping tissues on me 24/7, it did not ruin our plans.  Thursday the kids only had 1/2 day of school.  I met with each of their teachers in the afternoon and was so proud to hear that they are both doing well in school!  Their report cards look great!  Good job guys!!!  That night we went for some groceries and packed for the upcoming mountains trip!

Friday was a no school day.  I was out of the house early with taking Matthew and Ashlyn down to my mom's.  Thanks mom for watching the kids!!!  Hadassah & Courtney sold a ticket at the school sale in September to take two girls to do pottery and eat crepes!  We planned the fun day while we had the day off of school!  The girls and Sherry met us here and then we all traveled into the city to Pottery Works.  The girls loved this and did a great job with their art!  Then we had lunch at an old favorite place of ours ... Rachels Crepes!!!  We don't get here often but when we do ... WE LOVE IT!!!  Totally enjoy every bite!!!  I had their turkey dinner crepe and I ate the entire thing with much happiness!  It was so good!  Hadassah ordered a make your own crepe and she loved it too.  I was too full for dessert but it was extremely hard to say no to the pumpkin crepe!  The girls ordered the huge ice cream filled crepes and shared!  They laughed and talked and ate!  Hadassah had a blast!


 These girls have a total howl together!!!  Such great friends!!!  Here is my awesome crepe too.  It was steaming hot with turkey, filling, cranberry sauce and gravy!!! 
 Dessert!!!


We got home to quickly load up the Yukon and head to the mountains.  Mike had left early and took Matthew along because the guys wanted to be there for the evening hunt.  I picked up Ashlyn and Suz & Jen met at our house by 4:30 and we headed for the Zook's new cabin.  They built a new cabin and we privileged to be asked to go with them so soon!  Very nice indeed!  It was dark by the time we arrived and the men were coming in from their hunts.  Dave hit a six point buck and everyone was happy to see the deer being drug in!  The kids played well and it was a late night for the guys as they played Acquire.  My cold was so not fun up there and so going out to the couch after midnight was no fun!  I was afraid I would disturb others with my coughing and blowing my nose.

Saturday was a sunny nice day at the cabin.  I was so lazy and Suz and Marilyn enjoyed chatting and tending to the children.  Matthew went out to make a fort in the woods.  The little ones loved playing in the open basement.  The food was delicious!  The men hunted morning and evening.  Hadassah and Ashley went with Jordon to his spot Saturday eve and they loved that!  These three had a blast and even laughed in the woods.  They saw two doe so they must have been silent for little bit!  :)  Jonathon shot a nice big ten point!  It's always exciting when there are deer shot because that's why they hunt!  Good job guys!  It was another late night for the men as they played more Acquire, card games and ate pumpkin pie at 1 AM!  I was again on the couch and I kept waking up to them laughing and laughing.  I was glad someone was at least feeling good!  :/  At 3 AM, Mike came over to me and kissed me goodnight.  I felt miserable and he prayed for me.  My chest was sore from all my coughing and lying down just didn't help.  It seemed to make it worse.  His prayer did help though!  I relaxed and slept well till morning!

The view from the cabin is great!!!
 Ready to hunt!
 Ashlyn and Bryant had a blast together!  Cute!
 The three ready for their adventurous hunt!









Sunday morning we were all on our own fixing our breakfasts.  Then we had devotions.  We ate a big cooked lunch and played more games.  No one seemed to be in a hurry to leave the nice cabin!  Clean up time did come though and we headed home before dark.  We picked up Ginger on the way home and she was happy to see us again!  Being with Sadie since Wednesday was good company for her!  She loves her dog sitter!!!  :)))  My cold did seem much better on Sunday and for that I am very grateful for!!!  Sleeping all night in my bed was wonderful!!!

It was back to school for the kids on Monday.  Then Ladies Bible Study for Ashlyn and I!  Then to my huge pile of laundry was waiting for me in the garage!  Weekends away are such fun but it always leaves a big pile of dirty's for me to clean!  I picked the kids up at school because Matthew had his second orthodontist appointment.  Last week, they took some pics of his mouth.  Now we need to talk about what to do about his crowded upper jaw!  We looked at our options and then they put on four separators on his teeth.  It looks like many, many upcoming appointments, but I am sure it will all be worth it!!!  Mike was out of town for the evening so it was just the kids and I for supper.  I made our favorite chicken:  Chicken legs in a baking dish.  Sprinkle lots of Lawry's seasoning salt on top.  Put some water in the pan with the legs and bake at 350 for one hour.  Then bake another hour at 300 degrees.  Keeping it uncovered the entire time!  It's so easy and so good!!!  It tasted great with pasta and green beans!!!

I was out of the house soon after the kids were off to school because Ginger was getting her stiches out!  She's been a pro throughout the entire hernia surgery and recovery!  She is very happy to not have her cone over her head any more!  (It kept her from licking and bothering her incision.  She also got groomed so now she smells and looks great too!!!

The holidays are coming fast!!!  I purchased a cozy jacket today to help prepare me for colder weather.  (I'm not sure I will ever like the cold chills?)  I've been listening to Christmas music and ordering our family Christmas cards is now off my list! 

I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons!!!  No other holidays fill the air with such gratefulness and glee!!!