Friday, November 14, 2014

The first snow has fallen!

Hearing the forecast for much colder weather coming at the end of this week also brought some talk about some snow falling!?!  Ashlyn is so excited about "snow" and she is totally hyped about the upcoming holidays!  I mentioned yesterday to her that it might snow if Jesus tells it to today.  She was again so excited and she says she can't wait to eat the snow because "I love eating snow!"  It's so cute and contagious to see her enthusiasm about snow!

The kids were home from school and we were all just doing our usual routines.  Hadassah was working on homework while listening to Odyssey.  This girl does not seem to outgrow these episodes!  I'm glad!!!  :)  Matthew and Ashlyn were hanging out in the living room.  I was making cheeseburger soup for supper when I looked out the window and saw it snowing!  I yelled, "It's snowing outside!"  Everyone came to look and see it falling slowly from the sky.  Hadassah was happy but not near as excited as the other two kids.  Matthew wanted to go to the attic and bring down all the snow gear.  Ashlyn wanted her boats on and get her tongue on some freshly fallen snow!  I said "no" to the snow gear because really, it was only a dusting of snow on the ground.  The two youngest grabbed for their jackets and boats and went out in the cold flurries!  They loved it while it lasted!


 

Waking up this morning to the snow still on the ground was not a surprise.  The tempts did drop and we were at freezing point this morning. 

It really is starting to feel more and more like the holidays are approaching!  We keep receiving flyers in the mail advertising holiday goodies.  I strung up the outside Christmas lights the other day when it was still in the 60's and boy did I get to hear it!!!  Mike came home yesterday from work and said that two of the guys at work went past and saw our lights up already!  They got all loud about it and said that's it's not even Thanksgiving yet!!!  I put my hands up and replied, "Hun, you tell them to calm down!!!  I agree with them totally!  I only strung them up on a warmer day and after I get to see them in the dark to make sure they look fine, I plan to unplug them till after Thanksgiving!"  I was happy to have more people on my side about this topic!  I can't wait for Christmas but until after our holiday focused on gratefulness, we will keep the lights off!  :)  From then on out ... we will be celebrating the Christmas Holiday as much as possible!  It really is the best time of year!

If you were one of those who got to see the snow fall last night, be thankful!  I'm not a fan of cold weather (that's why my new feather down's jacket is in my closet waiting to be worn) but complaining or muttering about it doesn't help one bit!  Get the heat turned up.  Start the fireplace. Wrap in a blanket!  Sit inside a sunny window and let the rays warm you up.  Get your slippers on and drip some hot cocoa!  I am gonna some how try to make the best out of these cold months ahead too!!!  We can do it with grateful hearts!  Smile!