Saturday, November 29, 2014

"Thanks"giving secret ...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!  The snow during the day before and night gave us a soft white coating on the ground.

I got up early to stick the 12 pound turkey in the oven.  Everyone was still sleeping so soundly.  By the time the sun came up and we were all awake, the turkey had cooked for a few hours already!  We acted lazy in the morning and I cooked up a small breakfast for us.  Dippy eggs and toast is always a must for Matthew.  Toast and jelly is what Ashlyn, Mike and I enjoy right now.  Granola and milk for Hadassah.  We listened to Focus on the Family's thanksgiving presentation of Squanto.

Mike, Matthew and Ashlyn played outside a bit while I set the table with my fine china dishes.  I love special occasions and I really love serving my family with our finest!  While the kids rolled snow to make a snowman, I whipped up mashed potatoes.  I put filling and corn in the oven.  I slowly heated up a small amount of cooked celery.  When the turkey and other fixings were all ready and hot to eat, I called the family to the table.  Matthew really liked my extra touch of grape juice mixed with some ginger ale and ice cream that was setting beside each plate.  The turkey looked great and Mike carved us some meat and put it on a large platter.  We gave "thanks" and enjoyed our meal.  Just us.  As a family.  What a blessing!






When we were finished, we cleared the table and did the dishes.  We decided to wait for pumpkin pie and chocolate cake till after our annual family thanksgiving meeting.  We've done this now for three years and it's fun to look back at my notes and see how our family grew spiritually.  We always start by giving two things we are VERY thankful for.  Health, family, Jesus, Christian friends, parents, food, water, etc..  Then we all list a 'lesson learned'.  This is something that we went though within the past year and talked about how it made us a better person!  Growing in the Lord.  Discipline.  Manners.  Kindness.

I know that someday we will look back and love these memories!  They are precious.  Then I got up for my phone because I wanted to video what was about to take place next!  We were going to let out our secret to the children!

They were so happy!!!

They screamed!

They said "It better be a boy!"  (Because he would love to have a brother.  Can't blame him for his honesty!)

"Well, now, what if it is a girl?"

"That would be ok to."  :)

Yes, we told the kids that I am pregnant.  Expecting another baby and due in July!  That's explains why I am so tired and cannot for the life of me stay awake much after 8 PM.  That explains why I've been taking extra naps, going out to eat and ordering pizza, eating toast first thing in the morning instead of waiting to fix breakfast till after the kids are off to school.  It explains why Mike has been the only one making coffee in the morning.  Why drinking out of any of my daily water bottles is just gross.  Drinking from a plastic cup is just fine for now.  Why any smell sets off an alarm to my nostrils.  The other day when I walked into the school bathroom and smelled all the different sprays used by the middle school girls after their volleyball game, I nearly gaged!  And when Ashlyn faithfully washes her hands with lots of soap and comes running up to me to smell her clean hands, that's when I try hard not to sniff.  Or why I am burning only scent free candles right now.  :)

Hadassah and I went out shopping that night.  She's been looking forwards to this night for weeks!  We decided to go early and not stay out so late!  We stopped to get 'the mom' some Chinese noodles and after we found a parking spot, we both ate the noodles.  Then we shopped.  And went from store to store.  She bought a pair of converse shoes she's been wanting.  The lines were not bad at all.  We stopped at Waffle House on the way home and shared an omelet platter.  Home by 10:30 was perfect!


.........................................................

Being in my low thirties reminds me that I am not getting younger and going through another pregnancy will not be like my first.  Thankfully though!!!  I had such bad morning sickness with Hadassah and that did get better with each pregnancy!  I do feel nausea through out the day but I am not throwing up!!!  I hate that!  So happy and thankful that the nausea has been under control if I eat every often!  Yikes!!!  Even a few bites of pickles, crackers, chips, canned peaches and pears or some filling granola seem to help!  I do feel a tad bad for my family when it comes to meals though.  Nothing seems better to me than going out to eat and having options to chose from!  Mike called the other day and said that he just was given a gift card for Outback Steakhouse.  "Let's go out to eat tonight," he said!  No problem!!!  :)  I know, and hope, that this is only a stage because it's been like that with my other pregnancies.  My taste buds will soon be back to mid/normal and cooking will go well! 

The kids seem really excited about adding another little bundle to our family!  We have a lot that needs to be done before July and I promise to be as patient as a "sensitive pregnant mama" can be!  Our plans to remodel the house are to get started as soon as possible!!!  ASAP ... Oh, I did say that!  My dream would be to have the remodel job finished and we would be settled in before this baby arrives!  If not, we will survive!  This mom that likes her normal routine, her things in decent order, not feel out of control ... well, I know God will give me all the grace and patience I will need.  It will require a lot of work and keeping things at a fast pace will be a must!  Our spring and summer will be an active one ... but then again, who ever has a slow or lazy summer?  :)

Remembering this Thanksgiving Season will always be a great memory for us!  We are super excited about baby #4!

The kids are off school now till Tuesday.  We set up the Christmas décor yesterday.  The outside lights are now plugged in.  :)  I cut fresh greens and holly and put them in pots outside this afternoon.  The wreaths are hung by the windows.  The Christmas music has begun!

Celebrate this season with gratefulness and joy!!!