Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving season.

Thanksgiving vacation has begun here at our house.  Well, for the kids anyway.  :)  My list stills seems a bit overwhelming yet but I know it will be worth every effort made.

The kids were off to school this morning anticipating their Thanksgiving parties.  I volunteered to make a breakfast dish for Matthew's class.  I chose to make Breakfast Quiche Muffins.  It's a mixture of eggs, milk, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.  Lay a piece of crescent roll on a greased muffin pan and then fill with the egg mixture.  Bake at 375 for 22 minutes.  I made lots and they tasted great!  Ashlyn decided to stay with sister Jody (since her kids had no school today) while I go and serve my food and spy on the kids at school.  Matthew's class decorated a paper turkey and enjoyed brunch.  I did have too many muffins left over though. 




Then I went to spy on Hadassah's activities.  The middle school had a brunch meal with big breakfast burritos, donuts and fruit.  They played games and did pumpkin crafts.  Both classes had a great celebration! 


While driving to school, the snow started to fall.  The 6 - 10 inches of snow that has been forecasted is still falling.  I was shocked to see how much snow was already on the ground at school.  With snow falling already, it makes Christmas seem that much closer.

We got back from school and we cleaned the house.  Matthew and Ashlyn couldn't help but go out and roll in the snow.  Hadassah went to her art room and worked on some Christmas crafts.  I got some laundry going and am now taking a short break to blog before attacking the rest of my "to do list" today. 





Mike's family is gathering for dinner tonight.  I have a corn dish to mix up and bake to take along.  Tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day, we are having a family day here at home.  I decided to make a Thanksgiving meal.  Lot's of other years, we've been invited to go to extended family Thanksgiving Dinner's.  This time we are having our own meal here at home with just us.  :)  It will be fun but it also leaves all the food preparations to just me.  I got the turkey thawing on the kitchen counter right now and plan to put it in the oven bright and early tomorrow morning.  I made a small amount of cooked celery yesterday since that's one of my favorite Thanksgiving veggies!  The other menu foods are still for me to make.  So, I am off to work in the kitchen again as soon as I finish up this post.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!