Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Counting down ...

... the school days!  The kids are in the home stretch of another school year.  Only eight more days!  Today Matthew is with his class on a field trip to Harrisburg to see the capital.  He couldn't wait and last night he was ready to get to bed so that he could quick sleep and have today arrive as soon as possible.  :)  He ate his breakfast of over light eggs on a croissant roll, brushed his teeth and made his bed way before it was time for the bus to come.  Some mornings Hadassah and I are at him to hurry up and get ready before we pray and they head out for the bus.  Yesterday morning he didn't even have time to brush his teeth.  :/  This morning, however, Hadassah drilled him saying, "Matthew are you ready?  Did you brush your teeth?  Shoes on?"  He said, "Yes" to all of her questions and she was impressed.  She was still eating breakfast!  :)

Hadassah's class is having a fun event today too and she made iced coffee last night to serve to her class.  Seeing her pack up her big backpack each morning and grabbing her lunch with a tuna sandwich inside has become a routine.  But, I am ready to see them take a break from school and enjoy some time off.  She whined last night as she said they need to run another 5K at school tomorrow.  She thinks summer has already begun and because school is almost over, there's no need for continual big runs.  :)  It's so good for them thougth and I think inside she really does like it right how it is!

=================================================================

... baby's due date.  I had another doctor appointment yesterday to hear baby's 140 heart rate!  Everything sounds great.  I'm having lots of baby movements.  Some bracks and hicks.  I'm measuring right on even though the comments I get from some people, I must push aside and try ignore.  I'm pretty much all belly.  I feel and look big.  But, who knows a pregnant women with only 7 weeks to go yet until delivery and looking skinny???  :)))

Bending down to pick anything up off the ground is not always easy.  Carrying the extra weight makes me very excited to have baby come in July and feel thinner once again!  The warm, humid weather the past few days put me in a sweat and all the windows were wide open!!!  I love this baby dear and all the small things like a protruding belly, leg cramps, sometimes swollen toes and fingers, being selective with foods to avoid heart burn and indigestion and being over heated will be worth every day of it!!!  :)  No women is pregnant forever!  Thankfully!!!  I am grateful and blessed!!!

I am ready to know where we will be when baby arrives.  I know God knows and He will help me wherever we are.  We are still waiting for our house permits and my closet has all baby's needs packed up waiting to see where I should set it up.  I keep thinking that if we get our permit this week or soon, a lot can still get done in seven weeks time.  But I also keep thinking that if we don't get it soon, I might just set up baby's changing table and clothes here at home.  Either way, I pray for patience.  I have lots of our housing things packed up already and put in storage but there is still an awful lot to move once we need to move out for renovations.  I purposed in my heart to not get stressed out about it.  If I'm honest thougth, it's not easy.  I am a person that likes to be ready for changes ... especially big changes like having a baby!  I would normally have my nursery all ready by now.  All I can do is keep waiting and rely on God's strength and perfect timing.  Mike and the kids will be a huge help when we need to actually move out!!!  In "real life" our timing is not always God's timing.  So we wait.  :)

==============================================================

... for summer vacation.  We love summer time and not being on a school schedule.  Having the children sleep in and helping more around the house always brings a change but fun!  We can't wait to have late campfire nights and roast marshmallows.  Count the stars and catch fire flies.  Having cookouts with friends!  Eat fresh strawberries and see fireworks!  Swim!

We have a fun weekend with friends planned this coming weekend!  It's a weekend that's become one of our yearly favorites!  Memorial Day Weekend seems to bring on summer even thougth summer doesn't officially begin until June 21.  We eat juicy watermelon and tons of other delicious foods!  We sit and chat around the campfire.  We watch and listen to the children play in the woods or around us.  The adults catch up with each others lives and I can't wait to hear more from the other two mommas that are expecting babies this fall!  Exciting!!!

================================================================

These last few days of school are usually busy and filled with fun events!!!  I love it and it will help make my last few weeks of pregnancy go by just a bit faster!!!

P.S. The garden is thriving!!!  We've been eating lettuce with most of our meals!  Some radishes have been picked.  The sugar peas are growing up the thin wire.  My spinach has been cut twice already.  The meadow tea is tall and I made some concentrate to take along to the cabin.  We've got strawberries hanging but not ripe yet.  The cucumber seeds have sprouted and are growing.  I am enjoying the fresh basil and herbs!  What a blessing to see our little garden burst with growth! 

God is good - all the time!  And all the time - God is good!!!