Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring fun.

 
It's almost 10:30 PM and I am still up wanting to blog.  We are having a busy spring schedule and it's probably not going to slow down any until school is out.  Here's a quick summary of the past week.
 
Linville VS Weavertown ... Hadassah is up to bat.  The girls tried but lost their first softball game at school.  They have more games coming up and so hopefully they can win those!!!
 
Hadassah loves sports and tries hard.  Her and Matthew have been throwing catch in the backyard many of nights.  I love to see that!


Ashlyn could not wait until I finally say, "OK, lets fill up your little pool and you can swim and splash!"  It happened last week when the warm weather showed up!!!


Popsicles are a must for the kids doing the warm months.  Ashlyn couldn't wait to have one or two ... or many!  She was so happy to share with Matthew!

 
Our cherry blossom trees are so beautiful right now.  They are dropping all the pretty pink flowers off of the branches and before it rains on them, they look so pretty!!!  The kids were out having a flower throwing battle the other afternoon.  So much fun to watch!!!!











It really does spell "bliss".

We also have more baby kitties.  We just seem to always have a cat or this time two cats having babies.  :/  Ashlyn is thoroughly enjoying them!!!  She plays and plays with them all.  They are all free and welcome to join your family!!!  Please let us know if you would like one!  Or two??  Or six?


Matthew even hooked up the sprinkler on a warm and humid afternoon.  Ashlyn joined the fun.

Sweet Mother's Day ... I woke up thinking "who will be the first to say Happy Mother's Day?"  I called my mom and wished her a good special day.  Then as we were getting ready for church, Hadassah was the first to it!  Then they all said it.  Ashlyn came running and said they have a card for me.  :)  She wanted to give it to me right away!  She went out to the desk, opened the drawer, took the card and envelope and handed it to me all proud!!!  I smiled and went back to Mike and said that someone should be helping her here.  The card was not in the envelope but she was so happy to give it to me!  All the children signed the card the night before, without me knowing it, and then they put it in the desk drawer.  Ashlyn knew right where it was!  So cute!!!

They also gave me gifts.  A flower from Matthew that he brought home from school.  The rose came from church.  Hadassah made me a sign.  Mike gave me a hanging flower for outside.  Everyone was so thoughtful.  All day long Ashlyn would keep saying, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom."


Today was a warm day!  Humid.  I was at the cabinet shop making some final arrangements and choices.  Then I went for groceries.  Ashlyn stayed with Shakia and loved it there!  When we got home, the kids were home from school shortly after that.  Matthew and Ashlyn ran through the sprinkler and played outside.  The hammock has become a fun place to tussle or relax.  I'll let you guess which one it was here.  ???  :) 

 
Our spring days are going by quickly!  I love it that my pregnancy is going fast to!  I am, however, getting rounder and rounder.  It's getting harder and harder to bend over to pick up things.  We are counting down the weeks and I can't wait to meet baby dear and hold it in my arms!!!
 
I got only three yards of mulch the other day because that's what we bought at an auction.  To mulch too much or around the house would be crazy idea because we hope to be remodeling soon.  Digging up all around the house.  But I also wanted just a bit to put around the flowers I planted out back and help keep the weeds down.  So, we got the three scoops of mulch, instead of 17, and we worked together to put in on the flower beds out back.  With Matthew and Mike's helping hands, it went well!!!
 
We love spring time!!!  The garden greens are up and growing.  I might get a few radishes this week?  I can cut my spinach and I've used some fresh basil already!  We love spring!!!