Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Off to the beach - in May!!!!!!!!

Was I ever at the beach for the day in May?  I don't think so?  But let's make it a first for everything, right?
 
Lena said last week that she was taking Hunter to the beach for the day and I asked, "To the where?"  :)  To the beach seemed crazy but fun if the weather was warm.  It went a few days and then she asked if Ashlyn and I would like to go along with them?  When I considered it, I thought, "Hey, why not?  My beach trips will probably be slim this summer with baby coming in July."  I asked the other children and Mike and they were fine with us slipping out for the day.  And it was lovely!
 
I was up early getting some laundry done and the lunches packed.  The kids were up and ready for school.  Hadassah woke up Ashlyn and told her about her upcoming day!  It was a nice, happy surprise for Ashlyn because she's been wearing her "swimming costume" for a while already.  She keeps asking if she can go swimming?  Set up her little pool?  She even wore her floaties the other day ... just because she wants summer to come and she wants to swim!  So, we left right after the school children were on the bus.  We traveled to Rehoboth Beach with Lena and Hunter.  The kids ate their Cheerios and milk on the way while we sipped on coffee.  :)
 
The weather was hot on the way down!  It was going to be a nice day on the beach!
 
We lathered lotion on ourselves because even after our sun tanning day at the park yesterday, I hate to burn!  We grabbed our beach chairs, coolers, sand toys and strollers and we were off to see the ocean and feel the sand.
 
Ashlyn loved it all!!!  Her first question was, "What are those bumps?"  I answered, "Waves."  :)  And even though the water was FREEZING we stuck our toes in it while she giggled!
 
Making sand starfish!


Eating lunch ... 

Lena and I kept going to the water with them but finally said that they can go out to the edge together.  The water was way too cold for them to want to swim but watching the ocean waves and feeling the water against their toes was a blast!  We even saw some dolphins!  It was too cute watching them hold hands and watch the water!  These two are great friends!!!



 


 Life is good!!!  :)



 My baby bumped is still growing!  I'm in week 30 now!  It was fun digging my toes into the sand and seeing the ocean again!  With not going south this past winter, this was an extra nice treat!  The tempts were close to 80 degrees!


 It was surprising to me how many people were on the beach and out and about.  It was a beautiful day and everyone wanted to enjoy the sunshine!  Ice cream ... yes please!


 Outside the Candy Kitchen store was this cute pink chair that Ashlyn hopped onto.  :)

The day really was lovely!  We enjoyed the warm sun and sandy beach!  We headed home around 4 knowing that with two tired toddlers, we should get them supper soon.  Lena and I love, love the restaurant "Big Fish" down there, so yes, we stopped there to eat!  The kids enjoyed their food while we waited for the dinner menu!  Sweet potato mashers and a Shrimp Penne pasta entrée with mushrooms, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, shrimp ... all mixed in a lobster sauce is totally amazing!!!

The drive home was quit with the two little ones sleeping.  Meanwhile, the kids at home were back home from school and Mike took them to Matthew little league game.  Matthew hit two home runs and was so happy to tell me they won!!!  The Rookies are having a great year so far!!!

Thanks for inviting us to go with you and Hunter to the beach Lena!  The day was fun and sunny!!!  It now makes me want to go again with Mike and all the children!  With so early in the season, maybe, just maybe we will go again soon!!!???!!!

There's no place like the beach!  :)