Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

I am SO blessed to be the mother of the most adorable four children on this earth!!!!  They showered me with hugs and kisses and nice words written in cards!  The whole entire day was relaxing thanks to my wonderful husband!!!

We started the morning off with a lite breakfast before heading off to church.  My dad called and asked if Ashlyn would like to join them on the MakeAWish Truck Convoy.?.  She was excited and said "yes"!!!  We dropped her off at my parents on our way to church.

All the youth passed out red roses to all the mother's after Sunday School!!!  Matthew gave me flowers and a nice card.  Hadassah had a note in my bathroom drawer asking me to have a date spa night with her!!!  There were so many thank yous throughout the morning ... thanking our own mothers for their love and service!

We joined Gerald's and Elvin's for lunch at a pizza shop.  The men were sure that the mom's do not need to prepare lunch and pizza is always a yummy food for everyone!  It was nice to come home and not have to prepare lunch or do any dishes!!!  :)  It was nap time for me because "Little Man" feel asleep on the way home from lunch!  My nap felt so good! 

Meanwhile, the other kids relaxed and Mike got a short nap in too!  Mom dropped Ashlyn off after the truck convoy and she was so excited and had a blast!!!  Shakia and Addison drove with Dad in his big truck too!!!  Cousin fun! 

We thought about going to my parents in the evening but they had other plans.  We ended up being with Matt and Lena at JR and Angie's!  These friends are always fun to be with and we got to see Jeff and Rita too!!!  The kids had a great time while us adults fussed and laughed.

Mother's Day of 2017 was great!!!  Thank you Mike for allowing me to have a relaxing day!!!

AND ... a huge thank you to my Mom for being such a wonderful example of serving and loving and giving up of her time to often for me!!!  I love you Mom!!!  I am so glad you are my mother and friend!!!!

 
The girls in my Dad's big shed truck.