Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Salty Kid's Bible - Cast All My Cares Upon You








My heart is heavy again this morning.  Dad Lapp is being moved out of Fairmount Homes and is going home.  This is good news because it's where he wants to be and nothing beats being at home, especially after being placed from one place to the next like Dad and Mom have been for the past few months.  Being back at home is right where they should be!!!



But, another move brings another change.  Another challenge.  Dad is so weak and tired.  Mom is exhausted too!!!  Please keep praying for the whole Lapp family as we try our best to deal with emotions and feelings.  Today, more decisions will need to be made.  Home Care will need to be set up and like I said, it's another change. 



This song, a song I used to listen to as a kid, keeps ringing through my head all morning and I'm around the house singing it out loud!!!  It brings healing to my soul and reminds me to really "cast all my cares on the Lord"!!!  He will sustain me.  I know that the message preached on Sunday at church about casting our cares on the Lord, was exactly for me!!! 



In my prayers this morning, I told God that I have my eyes open for more miracles today.  I'm looking for big or tiny miracles!  If and when I have my eyes focused on Jesus, which can be challenging at times when things seem or feel like they are falling apart or maybe falling in place, I can see God's hand in each step of this cancer journey!!!  It's when I lay my burdens down at Jesus' feet, that's when inner strength comes to help face another day!



Maybe you need a reminder today that God cares for your needs as well!!!  Life is tough at times, really tough, and without God to help us through, we end up in bitterness and anger and a mess!  Please, listen to this song and cast your cares, big or little, upon the Creator on the universe today!!!  He has given all the stars names.  He cares about the sparrows and LOVES US SO MUCH MORE THAN THE BIRDS!!!  Remember, He knows the amount of hairs on our head!  He knows the words and thoughts we think BEFORE we even think them.  God knows the outcome of this day and I need to trust Him in carrying me through today!!!



"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you ..."  Psalms 55:22