Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Track & Field Day #1 -

We beat the heat with watching Ashlyn do track and field day this morning!!!  She did such a great job on the blue team!  It was already warm and hot by 10 AM!  I would rather want warmer weather though than be sitting there chilly or wet!!!  It was so pleasant watching from the side lines and cheering Ashlyn on!

Good job, Ashlyn!!!

The elementary classes get divided up into teams and have different colors.  Ashlyn helped the blue team!


 Lots of relay races in the morning.  Here is the bean bag toss.


Shakia was on the black team.

  Maleah and Ashlyn got to be on the blue team together!

Hold hands and pass the hoop down the line!


Broom Sweep.

Scooter race.
 


Ashlyn was excited to participate in her first track and field day!!!

Kindergarten only participated in the morning events.  They are now back in class for the rest of the warm afternoon.  Austin and I watched Ashlyn do her relays but now Austin is sleeping in our cool house!!!  No complaints about the warm weather though!!!  We are excited to have the windows open and we are waiting for summer vacation to begin!!!
 
=====================================
 
I am VERY grateful that Mike is OK and not hurt!!!  On Monday, he left for work.  He was at the stop sign by Queen Road.  A Tahoe was coming his way but it had it's turning signal on and Mike thought he was turning.  So he pulled out!  And crash!!!  Mike said his life flashed before him and suddenly he was hit and then he realized that he was OK!!!  Praise Jesus!!!
 
He called me and said, "Hun, I was sorta in a small accident.  I'm fine and OK." 
 
"Well, that's good that you are OK!  Are you hurt?  Is everything OK?"
 
"Yeah, I'm fine."
 
Then Mike came home a little while later with Allen's truck and I didn't think too much about it.  He was on his way to Quakertown from home.  Just a little while later I talked to Mike's sister Rosie and she said something about Mike's truck being demolished.  What????  I was flipping out because Mike made it sound like just a fender bender. 
 
I called Mike back and started asking more questions!  Here, his truck is demolished but no windows were broke.  The side air bags came out.  He couldn't even drive his truck away.  His truck got towed off and the police and ambulance were there.  Mike is OK, thank goodness, but he has a bruise on his shoulder.  I drove over to look at the truck and this is how it looks.
 


God protected Mike on Monday!!!  I'm so grateful no one was seriously hurt!!!  So, now we need to go truck shopping soon!

==================================

Austin loves muffins.  Even banana muffins!  :)))  His daddy thinks banana muffins and carrot cake should not even be such a food!!!


Now, herbs on the other hand, are both wonderful tasting and pretty!!!  The garden is showing off with their growth right now and they look so nice on the kitchen counter!!!


Yesterday, my Mom and sisters took me out for a birthday treat!  We went to Rachel's Crepe's for lunch!  The veggie burrito was super big and super good!!!  Then we shared a strawberry Nutella dessert crepe!!!  Again, so good!!!


Hadassah gave me a invitation to go with her out to the mall for a Mother's Day gift.  She treated me to a Starbucks coffee drink when we arrived and then from there on out, I was on her tail.  :)  Going from store to store buying a few things for herself and a few things for me and the other kids!  The time was fun but she didn't want a picture of us two together because she said, "Then you are just going to post it."  :)))))  Yep.

I love you Hadassah and thanks for planning a night out together!


==============================

An update about Dad Lapp:

 
We pray.  We have faith only the size of a mustard seed at times.  We believe in miracles.  I know that God has a big plan in this big world for little me.  But when life looks like it's gonna throw you a really big hurdle, I don't know how to react.  I wish for a stronger faith and more of an understanding of God but why does it take hard stuff to make that happen? 
 
Dad Lapp is not doing well.  He is again in a hospital in Arizona with another infection.  Plans are to bring him home as soon as he is strong enough to travel!  This is such a huge decision to make and the days ahead look like mountains to club but God gives strength!  He really does!  He gives a renewed hope in knowing that God cares about us and already has all the big and little details all worked out!  I just need to let God be in control and watch intensely for miracles to happen!  Please keep praying for the Lapp family as we join hands and make decisions and embrace life with tender loving hearts!