Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Preparing for a shed ...

I am taking back my words that were spoken about a year ago.  I said that I do not want another shed to come to our house.  The last one we had was so bad looking and aged that I hated it!  The door trim was all beat up and the paint was chipping big time and it just wasn't nice anymore.  And, it was the very first thing you saw when you pulled into our driveway.  I said that if we do ever get a shed it's going to be a nice, real barn! 
 
Mike runs a shed business and sells sheds at Lapp Structures every day and his employees really make a ton of nice looking sheds.  So, Mike started designing and came up with his a shed he thinks I will like.  It is now built and ready to be delivered!  It's going back with the garden beds and I hope it will make a stunning show when you arrive at our house because it's again one of the first things you will see coming up our driveway! 
 
Last night the stones arrived for the foundation.
 


And if you notice the silver truck in the back ground, Mike is still renting a truck until he buys a new one.


The kids sat by the gardens and watched the stones fall out of the big dump truck.

With baby Kate.  :)))



Ashlyn asked Austin to babysit while she rakes some stones.  :)  And yes, that is all lettuce that you see there!!!


Austin's turn.


Taking it all in ...



I am just amazed at the garden these days.  The herbs are thriving! 


The strawberries are starting to ripen.

The sugar peas will be hanging soon.
 
And our watermelon plant is growing but far from any watermelons to eat yet.  In the mean while, we buy them at the store and enjoy it on the back porch!!!


Spring time is one of my favorite seasons!!!  So much is growing and blooming!!!

I love Spring!!!