Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Another Nor'easter

We got yet another blast of snow during the night and it's snowing all day long.  It's another "no school" day.  The kids are home today and hubby came home early from work because of the snow.  Our second day of Spring is snow covered!!!

I'm feeling like this robin!!!  Snow???


Can you see the cardinal?  It's in the trees.


The kids slept in a little this morning and when they awoke, it was snow covered outside and hundreds of snowflakes still dancing in the air.

Ashlyn bundled up and went out searching for icicles. 



Breakfast came and went in many shifts today.  Bacon is an extra special treat here at our house.  It's a food I don't like to make.  The grease, the house smelling like bacon ALL DAY LONG and it's pork.  All not a favorite of mine.  But this morning, bacon it was.  The kids enjoyed it.


Then it was games of BINGO.


And monopoly.

Everyone probably has a messy drawer in their house or a drawer that's the collect it all place.  Well, here is that drawer in our home.  Austin often grabs the little step stool and then investigates.  Today, this is what he was intrigued with.





And like I said, breakfast went in shifts today.  Matthew loves creating fun foods with a pancake.  This time it was a pancake, topped with fresh honey roasted peanuts, then crumbled bacon and topped with some syrup.  Calories to the max but he loved it!!!


The kids bundled up again and this is how the outside is looking.  Big snow icicles and lots of snow.


These poor babies are wanting sunshine not snowflakes.




These two are our snow buddies.  Here's the view from my kitchen window.




 
 
And this is exactly what I'm ready for too!!!  Mowing!!!  Gotta love this kid.  Mike says over and over that Austin is so much like the Riehls.  Aggressive and "lets get it done"!!!  It's in our DNA.  It's how we function.  How we work.  How life is fun!!!  I laughed and went running for my camera when I say Austin pushing the mower in the snow because Mike texted me the other week when we had a "warmer" day and asked me if I'm mowing.  :)))  Nope.  Not yet.  I'll wait for Spring to start that but Spring is now here but so is the snow. 
 
Well, with snow storms usually come soft pretzels and games for us.  I'm off to do both and hopefully drink some good coffee and eat some homemade hummus!!!