Friday, March 9, 2018

National Women's Day!

Did you know there was a day like this?  Well, I didn't know it tell the other day.  My phone dinged and I read the text. 

"Hi Lori, this is Anita from King's Homestead.  Someone recommended your flower arranging skills.  Next Thursday, we are having a ladies night and I am looking for someone to arrange flowers for our guests.  Would you consider arranging florals for our guests from 4-8 next Thursday.  Thanks Anita."

Wow!  How do I respond to that?  Right away I wanted to say yes but I held back just a bit to ask myself why me?  I never took any classes on fresh flowers.  I love, love to do things like this but for a public event like this?  Some pressure here.  I thought about it and responded to a fearless "yes"!!!  Why not?  I'll wing it and try my best to make something beautiful!!!

Mike said, "Don't worry about supper.  I'll take care of it."  And the kids.  And taking and picking Hadassah up at volleyball practice.  And taking Matthew to a gun shop to claim his prize he won last weekend!!! 

I arrived yesterday at King's really not knowing what I would all be doing but when I saw the huge display of flowers and a spot for arranging boutiques, I was excited!!!  King's Homestead invited ladies out for a "National Women's Day" event and if a lady bought a vase/container/pitcher, etc. from King's, then they got to pick flowers to fill it!  That's what I helped out with.  I fixed up one boutique after the next.  It was SO much fun!!!




 And here's what is now on my dining room table!!!






Thanks so much Anita for this incredible fun night!!!  I hope the ladies like their arrangements and will enjoy them all weekend long!!!  I know I will!