Friday, March 9, 2018

Granola.

I've made granola so many times and even tried many recipes just to switch things up now and then.  I love most recipes but when we went to Florida a few weeks ago, I remembered that Yoder's has really good stuff!!!  I grabbed a quart of their "Grandma's Granola" before leaving and brought it along home to enjoy with yogurt!!!  I just loved it and took a look at the label.  It was simple ingredients and mostly the things I already had in my pantry.  So, I set out to make a batch.  I did do some comparing to a similar recipe I found in my many cookbooks.  The granola turned out great and Hadassah and Austin love it!!!  They are the ones that love it most with yogurt!

I did try it again the second time and tweaked it just a bit.  I love pecans and almonds and this granola has both of them in.  I added more the second time and used rolled oats!!!  It's delicious!



 
Here's the recipe I came up with and love it!!!  I will use again and again!
 
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup oil
almonds
pecans
1 tsp. vanilla
salt
 
Mix and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours.

I am excited to have a weekend in front of us!  And thanks to Hope 94.5 HD2, I was just reminded that we need to change our clocks on Saturday night! 

Happy Weekend!