Thursday, March 8, 2018

It snowed ...

OK, so the weather forecast came through and it did snow.  About 3-6 inches.  I didn't go out and measure it but the sky was letting tons of little flakes fall to the ground all afternoon! 

I woke up to my phone buzzing and I knew that it was school calling and saying else a two hour delay or no school.  I hadn't gotten up yet to look out the window to see if the snow did actually arrive but after answering my phone call from school, I knew it did.  It was another day of "no school".  I wish I could have snuggled right back under the covers and slept a few hours yet but our little man was up and ready for his day to begin.  At 6:30 AM!!!  Ever since we are back from Florida, he's been waking up so early!  And when that happens, my day begins then too.  :)))

I peered out the window but only to see a little bit of snow so far.  The ground was dusty white but for sure no couple of inches.  The children were all excited to see it snowing when they woke up and to have another "no school day" is always a fun little treat for them. 

We played inside and Ashlyn and I put together some of her smaller puzzles.  I got laundry done and it just felt so good to be sipping on hot coffee and not having to go out and about on the snowy roads.  Mike did go to work but there is nothing unusual about that.  It would have to be REALLY a snow storm to keep him home.  I teased him already that it is OK to be home all day without going anywhere.  He doesn't believe me.  And honestly, I used to think the same way.  But now it seems sometimes that it's more work than fun to get out and about.  I'm an independent person still when it comes to shopping or doing errands.  I have never liked to unbuckle and buckle the kids when all I need is a few things here and there.  Back when Hadassah was little I would often drop her off at sister Jody's house and then go do my errands.  Even grocery shop.  Sometimes I chuckle because now when it's just Austin and me ... I think that's a breeze.  :)))  Thanks Jody for all the times you watched my kids while I ran errands!!!

Anyway, after lunch Matthew and Ashlyn were starting to get on each others nerves.  I finally said, "OK you two ... it's time to get out in the that snow and go build me a snowman!!!"  Is that mean???  I hope not because I wasn't really looking for excuses to go outside myself.  I would much rather just watch from the window but neither was I the one teasing!!!  Austin was down for a nap and I wanted the house to be quiet so he could sleep! 

They got their snow gear on and had a total blast outside!!!  I knew they would!!!  They started rolling snow in the front yard and it didn't take long for a huge ball to form.  They were still out when Austin woke up and he wanted out in it too!!!  They had so much fun!!!








 He just couldn't get that heavy ball of snow to move anymore!!!









 "I love the snow Mom!"

Then I quickly ran outside and asked Matthew to make a smaller snowman so that I could take a few photo's of Austin with it. 




I grabbed some "snowman" clothes and oreo's that were like a hundred years old in the pantry and went outside for a few pictures!

And I wonder who ate a cookie???

And here's how the snowman turned out to be!!!

"Mr. Snowman, my mom is ready for Spring but thank you for coming to my house today!"





 And just as we were wrapping up our cute, little photo's, in pulled Lena with the boys!!!  Everyone cheered and played outside together for awhile. 


Matt and Lena ended up staying here with their family for supper.  We whipped up a batch of chicken corn noodle soup and Rachel sandwiches.  The kids had a blast!!!

The snow was fun but Spring please come now!  I'm ready for Spring but today already most of the snow is melted and vanished into the ground!!!

Let's now cheer for warmer weather and flip flops!!!