Monday, April 29, 2019

Mulching!!!

Summer has not begun yet but the watermelon at Costco is too tempting to not buy!  This is Ashlyn's favorite of all favorites food!!!  And by the looks of it, the kids enjoyed every bite!!!


 
 
 


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

 It's April and it's yard sale time!!!  I was able to go the past few weekends and really enjoyed it!!!  Back in the day, I used to have to wake up the kids and take them with me if I wanted to go find some deals!  They loved it but by the time we were back home, the van looked like a hurricane of crumbs and rice and egg roll sauce on the car seats!  I'm happy to be now be able to sneak out a bit by myself and come home to show them my finds!!!  Last weekend, I stood in a very long line and waited for 45 minutes to buy three dozen egg rolls and rice from the best around!!!!  I have the "Egg Roll" in mind when I'm out at yard sales!  The kids enjoyed these and they are all gone!  Maybe next weekend I'll restock!  :)
 


We enjoyed our first campfire and snack board on the back porch last weekend too!!!!


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

And these boys … Austin would live at Hunter and Adrian's house if he could.  It would only last a few days and then he would miss us like crazy but he begs to go out their house every day and REALLY loves to be there!!! :))) 

And can you see why?  What boy would not like this for entertainment?  Thanks Lena for letting Austin come so often!!!!




 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

 The mulch arrived!  We normally order 20 yards but this year we only got 15 because our shrubs are growing bigger!!!!  It smells so good!  Last week, we got the wheelbarrow out and Matthew started scooping one load at a time!  We worked on it in different evenings and without Mike scooping up one mulch pile!  I can't hardly believe this because mulching is hard work and because we need to much, we normally bring the tractor home and use that to mulch!  But Matthew is getting bigger and scooped up most of the mulch for me!  Hadassah and Jess helped some too and every persons help makes this job go easy!  It took us three nights in a row to get it all done and now it looks lovely!!!!!

The kids love to play on the big pile!







Teens ~ they want all the pictures they take but when Mom comes with the camera, they try to hide!





;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

One of our favorites last week was a lettuce wedge with homemade blue cheese dressing!!!!  So refreshing!

 
 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;


I SIGNED UP WITH YOUNG LIVING!!!!

I've been eyeing one of their defusers for awhile and when I totaled up the cost, it was a better deal to sign up as a distributor!  So, if you like Young Living Oils and need someone to order from, please let me know!  I need to place a monthly order and even though I don't use lots of oils (at least not yet), I'm looking for a few people that would like to order oils!  Let me know!





;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Auctions are a favorite of mine!  I've helped at H.K. Auctioneer Auctions for years but even before that I liked them!!!  I love to see the items sell.  Listen to the auctioneer!  Find some deals!  This past weekend was the Gospel Express Sale/Auction and I loved being there!  The kids had a real blast too!!!

And look here!  My Mommy D. and her sister Annie were sitting in front of me!  So fun to watch these sisters!


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

It's the start of a new week and I can hardly believe that we are counting down the days of April!  I love, love, LOVE MAY!!!  It's one of my favorite months because the flowers are planted, the garden is growing, the grass is green, it's warming up outside and schools busy with the end of the school year events!!!!  Stay tuned with many fun events and pictures of these things
coming up!!!!