Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day/Birthday!!!

 
 
 
MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!  What a great day to honor moms and their love for children!!!  Here are the children that God richly blessed Mike and I with!!!!  I love them with ALL MY HEART!!!!  They each changed my life the moment I knew I was pregnant!  They each have special gifts, special talents, unique personalities and different temperaments!  We blend it all together under one roof and call it family!!!!
 

 
 
May 12 … it was fun waking up to Mike whispering in my ear, "Happy Mother's Day!" and "Happy Birthday!"  I got textes and messages saying these two statements all day long!  Thank you everyone!
 
Because Hadassah was out of town at her volleyball tournament, she still had a card ready for the other kids to sign and a gift ready to give me when she got home later that night!  How thoughtful!!!!
 
We started the fun celebrating day with a great message at church!  Giving tributes to Moms that served unselfishly!  Mom's that have gone through some tough journeys in life!  Moms that have died and now live to Jesus!  I sat there with a pack of tissues right beside me because 1.) I still have this annoying cold and 2.) because it was so touching the words that were shared!  Here are the notes I wrote down from the message:
 
GREAT MOTHERS HAVE GREAT PROBLEMS.
1 Samuel 1 - this was a time of pain for Hannah.  She was not able to get pregnant and this was a very hard time in her life!  She needed to be reminded that she "was valued!"
GREAT MOTHERS KEEP GREAT PRIORITIES.
Hannah poured out her request to God!  Great mothers have a connection with God!  Prioritized my kids!
GREAT MOTHERS MAKE GREAT PLANS!
Hannah promised and planned to give Samuel (her baby boy) back to God!  Hannah realized nothing we have is ours. All the things I have will be given and passed on to someone else some day!  Including my children!  Hannah gave back!
1 Samuel 2:19 ~ Every year she made him a robe and took it to him when she went to offer her annual sacrifice!
 
So much can be learned from this story of Hannah!  She must have been a wonderful, caring mother!!!
 
We left some after church was over because Mike planned to take us all out for dinner.  We called PF Changs to see if we could make reservations (last minute again folks … not always so cool)!  They said we couldn't and if we can as a walk in it would be a minimum of a two hour wait!  Goodness!  We scratched our heads and knew this could get interesting!  Meanwhile, I called Lancaster Golf Club.  This is becoming one of a favorite places and we can't wait to spend more time at the Club and swim and eat their yummy restaurant foods!  I called and they said that yes we could come!  I'm not sure why we didn't think of it before hand, but when we arrived they had a major Mother's Day banquet all set up for reservations and people like us that walk in!  IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!  I couldn't believe we got so lucky to enjoy this as our lunch!!!!!!
 
The kids loved it too!!!!!
 
Look how pretty it was!!!!!
 


The dessert bar was amazing too!!!!  The kids got ice cream with lots of yummy toppings and I went for the strawberry cake with hot coffee!!!!



We missed Hadassah not being with us but these two sure kept us entertained!


Here are the gifts Hadassah gave to me!  I love it all!!!!

Thank you Hadassah!


I love that Mike takes me out!!!!!  And look at the pretty décor!


So much pretty food everywhere!


I love, loved this soup!!!!!  I already have a recipe pinned on Pinterest!




 
Our "two" sets of kids keep me hopping!  The first two are growing up and keeping me busy with the teenage stage and sports!  The next two are still in "training mode" and need my every day attention and love!  Mothering them all is such a delight!!!!




We came home for naps and more tissues!!!!  This cold is just nasty!  Then we visited our own mothers and wished them "Happy Mother's Day!!!"  Mike and I are so blessed to have mothers that love God, pray for our families and that have taught us how to walk with Jesus in life!!!!  I'm so blessed to have a wonderful mother and mother in law!!!!  Thank you Mom!  Thank you Mom Lapp!!!!

The day was a fun celebration of mothering and birthday!!!!