Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy New Year!!!!!

 We counted down the New Year with friends right here at home!  Mike was wanting to play his favorite board game, Acquire, so he did the inviting.  

We ordered pizza and wings and the ladies added to the menu!  Ruthie brought a platter of macaroons and brownies that they serve at Agape!  Anna Ruth brought lemonade.  Suz brought fruit pizza.



At midnight, we turned on the news and counted the New Year in!!!!



Welcome 2021!!!

So much could be said about the year of 2020.  Looking ahead at 2021 can be both exciting and nervous.  We don't know the new challenges that we may face, but we've never been able to see into the future.  I take rest in knowing that God has a good, good plan for His children and whatever we may face, HE WILL BE WITH US!!!  

I received two of these cookbooks for Christmas.  That must mean it's a good one!!!!  The first recipe I made from it is fish tacos.  I grilled cod on the grill and heated up our tortillas on the grill rack with the fish was done cooking!  So good!!!!






Matthew asked if I can make an Agape Haystack ... well, here's how it turned out.  He liked it so it must have been close to a similar taste!  Mommy D. always gives her grandchildren a roll of baloney.  I sliced it up the other day and stuck the bags in the freezer!



Costco croissants are delicious!  I love them with some Nutella, yogurt, granola and fruit!!!!  It makes such a yummy breakfast!  I was thrilled to restock our fruit dish the other day too!!!!



The sunsets have been prize winners lately!!!!!





Winter is here.  The holidays are over.  The Christmas tree went out the window yesterday, literally, and the fresh greens that are now all dried up got thrown out and replaced with some winter decor.  I love the smell of fresh greens but I also love the fresh, cleanness of when they get thrown out.

I think a puzzle is calling me and we might get a new one started over the weekend???  January is a time to organize, clean out corners, donate or throw out things we don't use or need anymore and get cozy around the fire place!!!!  I can't wait to read the book Jody gave to me and make some more wedding plans for this summer.  

God has been good to us in 2020 and I am anticipating this new year with joy and peace!  I've not set out goals yet.  Maybe Ill get a chance to think about this a little more when the children are back in school next.  Cheers to a wonderful 2021!!!!