Thursday, January 21, 2021

Inauguration Day.

I'm no history buff.  I don't have much interest in politics and government but so much of our 2021 Presidential Inauguration just seemed like I'm living in history.  There are so many opinions about this whole election season and I'm not here to share mine.  Fact is, Joe Biden, JR is now the new president of the United States of America.

I sat and watched.  I sat and prayed.  God has shed His grace on our dear country for many years and we need Him more than ever today!!!!  So much wickedness and worldliness is mixed with unrest and not unified.  I know it grieves Gods heart.  It should grieve my heart too!  Like I said, I don't know too much about politics but the thought hit me this morning that when things are going OK, I forget to pray for those serving in the White House.  I must pray for our leaders!  For our government!  For those who are trying to stand on the very reason America was started ... to have God in all we do and worship Him!  To have spiritual freedom!  To have the leaders of our country fearing the God of our universe!  But you know what?  It starts right here with me!!!  There's a sign in the ladies bathroom at a little cafe in our town and it says, "Everyone wants to change the world but nobody wants to change the toilet paper roll."  SO TRUE!!!!  I want the benefits of Christian freedom but am I willing to fight for it to remain?  

We attended Ephrata Community Church last Sunday and really, really were blessed by the message!  You should go look it up online and listen to it too!!!!  Andy Bird was the guest speaker and he spoke of hope!!!!  There is hope in a world pandemic because God's spirit is still on the move!  There is hope for those who lost their jobs or income or even a family member to death because of COVID-19!  There is hope for our nation because the church of God needs to rise up and pray!  We do have leaders that still want what's right but we need to pray for them!  For wisdom!  Listening to this message on Sunday morning was like drinking a fresh glass of cold water!  It was refreshing even when our time in history is full of despair.  Andy had all the younger people, 26 and younger, stand up during the service and reminded them that we need this generation to "roar for Jesus".  To let their voices be heard!  Maybe that means to share Christ in our schools or to our friends!  Maybe it means for me to spread the gospel more than ever this year of 2021!!!  I got teared up a few times just to witness the songs of worship that were sung and seeing the excitement for Jesus!!!!  So much life was spoken and Mike and I left there refreshed and reminded that God is going to have the last word!  Jesus died for all sinners and already won the battle of evil and good.  However, Satan is still seeking whom he may devour!  He wants more than anything for us Christians to be afraid and fearful!  Will the church of God be challenged this year?  Will my faith grow even deeper?  I am living in a day where evil is heavy but God asks us to lay all our burdens down at His feet!  To surrender to Him!  To cry out for revival and expect miracles!!!!  I'm excited to watch God move!

Hearing this encouraging message didn't take any of the darkness around us away.  It doesn't change the fact that there is a virus.  A world pandemic.  Our nations leadership just got changed and many changes will take place but God knows that!!!!

Stand for truth friends!  Don't fear the evil because our light shining for Jesus chases away darkness!!!  "Submit to God.  Resist the devil. And he will flee from you!"  ~ words from the bible!!!!

I'm preaching to myself here because there are so many times that I do want to run from strife, from stressful moments or from all things not pertaining to peace.  I wish the world would really be a place of unity and no strife!  That day will come when I meet Jesus face to face but until then I will pray for God's will to be done for America, for my family and for myself!!!!  If I want to see a change for the good, I must begin with my heart!

Pray for America!!!!!!

This is a quote from Marin Luther King, JR and I like it!!!!  He said, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."  It's true!  Let's be that light and love other's as ourselves!

I love the song from Selah that is called "No Sweeter Name"!  Go listen to it!  It may be the encouragement you need today!