Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Virtual School.

 I would not have known what virtual learning meant a year ago.  I sure do now.  One thing that came out of COVID-19 is learning how to school from home instead of in the classroom.  The weather was calling for snow and icy conditions for last night and today, so school announced yesterday that we will be schooling virtually today.  

So when these two woke up this morning, they got right to their work.  The snow never showed up.  Only rain.  I was wishing they were in their classroom because I did have lunch plans at Lapp Structures Dealer Day but the kids got to spend time again at Lena's house.  (I'm totally spoiled with having them live so close to us and she never says no to having them stay there). 


After a quick lunch with Mike and his employees I picked the littles up again and came home to finish up some online school work.

Then we had haircuts.



Austin begged for a haircut like Patrick Mahomes.  The Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl and he loves to watch the quarterback Patrick Mahomes play football!  Ashlyn wanted a short haircut and four inches got cut off today.

The snow never showed up but the rains did.  I made a batch of Tomato Tortellini Soup from the Flour and Grace Cookbook and it was tasty!


Tomorrow we hope to back in the classrooms! I do appreciate our school teachers but even more so if I am the teacher of the day.  Im also reminded how I do love a few days alone here at home and the kids are in school.  Its amazing how fast I got used to this and actually love it!  

Chasing away the winter blues is something I love to do for the month of January!  Usually, it means putting a puzzle together and we do have one started but we are back to watching Matthew play basketball at his games that it keeps us busy enough on these long winter nights!  January is usually the longest winter month for me but here it is the end of the month already and we've got some fun winter vacations coming up!!!!  

 Get cozy!  Stay warm!  Sip on some hot coffee or tea!  It's what winter is all about!!!!