Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just A Nap ...

We've had a busy week!  Matthew was home from school on Tuesday because of some mysterious pimples on his face and arm.  I wasn't sure if a nap was possible with him home, but he entertained himself with his Lego's and I got a short nap!  That evening, Mike took Matthew to his little league practice.  When they came home, he complained of a ear ache.

That night was a no fun!  Ashlyn was settled early (that's a good thing!!!), but that also means that she'll get up during the night earlier.  She was up at 11:30 PM for her feeding.  I got her fed and back to sleep and then Matthew started crying.  I got up to see what was wrong ... ear ache.  I tended to his needs and laid back down to sleep.  Then Ashlyn up at 3:30 AM for another feeding.  In the mean time, I was up 2 more times with Matthew and finally put him in bed with Mike.  If anyone knows how Matthew sleeps, it's not a quiet experience!  He snores so bad!  Mike could only deal with that for so long and Matthew was put back into his own bed.  Ashlyn woke up at 5 and had a very disturbing burp.  At 6 AM she wanted another feeding.  By that time, it was time to get up and get the kids ready for school.  I felt so tired and weak that after Ashlyn was fed, I couldn't help but go into our bedroom, close the door, get on my knees and cry!!!!  I had to have God's strength because on my own, I was too tired!  When I walked out to the kitchen, Mike asked me if I was OK?  He squeezed me tight and I cried again!  I wanted to face my day with determination and even though it was dreary again outside, I would try to make it the best that I was able!  Hadassah has been such a helper since Ashlyn was born and when it was time for her to get up and go to school, she did it with a smile!  Matthew stayed home from school again, but this time because of ear ache.  Mom came up and did my laundry!  Then the dryer stopped working.  Thanks to Jody for picking up my wet towels and taking them to her house to dry.  The dryer has motor issues and needs replaced!  I had baby sleeping and Matthew started throwing up.  Then I had Matthew settled and sleeping and Ashlyn was awake!  When Matthew woke up, we played a card game called "Guess Who".  I was sooo longing for a nap!!!  I needed one!  I asked Matthew as we played our game, "When am I supposed to sleep if when your awake when Ashlyn's sleeping and then Ashlyn's awake when your sleeping?"  He looked at me so innocent and said, "I HAVE NO IDEA!"  I couldn't help it ... I had to laugh!  What an honest answer!  When Hadassah came home, she entertained Matthew and I did nap for 30 minutes!  Only a half hour but it was a nap and that counted! 

I guess all this is a part of 'real life'.  Having a newborn waking up for feedings in the middle of the night is only a season in life.  Having a son sick with ear ache is only for a short time.  Feeling the desperate need of God's strength is something I should strive for daily, not just when I am weak and tired!  I love the song from Jeremy Camp that says "Give Me Jesus".  Every time I hear this song on the radio, my bose volumn goes sky high!  I am so blessed by this song and I hope you will be too!