Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FREE Kittens

More kitties.  I cannot tell you how many kittens we have been blessed with (are those the right words to say???  Blessed????).  We got "Whiskers" when Hadassah was 1 year old and this female cat has had kittens at least once every year.  Most times it was Spring and Fall!  She has really cute kittens.  With every litter of kitties, she has had one 'really fluffy' kitten!  This one is usually every one's favorite!  It looks like a ball of fluff!  We have given them to friends.  We have sold some for $5 to a family that actually have two as house pets.  We have taken some to the cabin.  Some have just roamed and found new homes!  Well, Whiskers has had another litter a few weeks ago.  I have no idea how she found out that behind my dryer in the garage, there is a hole in the drywall.  The last batch of kitties she had she moved them all back there in the wall.  It was such a pain to always keep the garage door open a bit so she could go in and out.  We tried to keep the garage door closed as much as we could this time, but we forgot this one time!  She moved what we thought 3 kittens back behind the dryer.  Now the garage smells like cat!!!

The other day, I was sick of the smell and got the kids to crawl back there and see if they could get these kittens out.  I kept hearing them meowing!  Matthew crawled back with a flashlight in his hand!  He yelled, "I got one!"  He handed it to Hadassah.  He said again, "Got another one!  There's a lot of them!"  Again he gave it to Hadassah.  He did this 5 times!  Yes .... 5 kittens.  The kids were so excited.  I just sighed.  What do we do with 5 more kittens???

We moved them to the front door.  This is usually where Whiskers had her kittens until she found the hole in the garage.  The kids played a lot with these already and love going to the front door to take another look at them with they wake up for school. 

Hadassah always has a favorite.  Matthew just likes them all.  Well, on Sunday she was holding 'her favorite'.  It's a three colored one and she always makes us very aware that we should never get rid of 'her favorite one'!  It really is cute, but if we would have never given away her fav ... well, that would leave us with a cat farm!  No thanks.

Yesterday, she got up for school and went to take a peek at the 5 little animals.  Her favorite one was missing!!!!!!  She looked around a little but then had to be off for school.  I searched around the house and could not find it.  Matthew looked too.  When Hadassah came home from school that afternoon, she searched.  No kitty.  Where did it go?  Where was it?  It's a mystery.  Hadassah was so broken hearted!  She sat in the mulch asking Whiskers in her tears where she put this kitten.?.  Hadassah cried and cried!  This has happened at least twice that her favorite went missing!  Why?  We do not know.  After about 5 minutes, she stopped crying.  Still sad.  Still hoping the kitten will show up.  Later, she said, "At least Whiskers and Ginger (our dog) are not missing!"

These are just pets.  Little kittens have no eternal soul.  When I see how Hadassah loves each kitten and really misses one if it goes missing, it reminds me of God's love for His people.  God wishes that every single person would make a choice to follow Him and go into eternally with Him!  When 'one goes missing' and wonders away from God, I can't imagine how sad God must be!  In "real life" this leaves a reminder for me.  How much do I really care about others souls?  Do I proclaim the gospel of Christ in my life EVERYWHERE I go?  Do I 'shine my little light' to the dark world?  I need reminders like these to refresh my boldness for Christ!!!

If you are interested in a kitten, please let us know.  They are free unless you would like to 'bless' Hadassah with a small donation.  (Smile)  Take a look ...

HOLDING ALL 5 KITTENS ...


HADASSAH HOLDING HER FAVORITE 'MISSING' KITTEN ...
 HER FAVORITE ...