Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shopping

A wonderful birthday gift ...
My sister-in-laws planned a day of shopping for my birthday.  Not just any shopping mall though, no, it was the King of Prussia Malls!  We left yesterday at 8:30 and got there around 9:45.  After some shopping, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory!!!  Oh ... my ... word ... so yummy!  The menu was unbelievable!  Tons of food options.  I ordered something that I think was on page 13!!!  Not kidding!  It was a wonderful slice of salmon served along side of mashed potatoes.  This was very neatly on top of asparagus with some tasty white sauce!  I said after I ate ALL my food, "I could just lick off my plate yet!"  Oh, so good!  Then, then we topped it off with their famous CHEESECAKE for dessert!  33 different flavors to chose from!  I got the tiramasue cheesecake!  Again, so yummy!  (I spared the calories and had to save some of the dessert for Mike!  He's a cheesecake fan too, especially if it's that tasty!)  After lunch, we went shopping again.  I was so tired by 3:00 because the malls where huge and a lot of walking.  Linda and I took our babies along too.  They did so well!  I didn't take my camera along for the day, wished I would have!  I took some with sister Linda's camera.  Might have to post that another time?

7 WEEKS OLD ... Ashlyn is doing well.  She gave me little tough time last night.  Most nights she's been getting up anywhere from 4 - 5:30 AM and wants feed.  She usually goes right back to sleep.  Not last night.  She was up at 3:15 AM and drank her bottle and then looked up at me as if to say, "Good morning, mom."  I could tell she wanted to be awake for awhile yet.  I of course was not into that, so I started to hold her tight, stick the nuk in her mouth, and rock the chair!  What else do mom's do in situation's like these?  She did go back to sleep ... I think at 4:30?!  I flopped on the couch because I didn't feel like disturbing Mike.  Hoping she has a better night tonight!

Mike & Ashlyn are the blue eyed in our family.  All the rest of like are brown eyed.  Mike feels like there's not a whole lot of bonding yet between him and Ashlyn.  Most times when he holds her, he cradles her in his arms and it only lasts for a short while.  She's being more alert and gave a huge smile to him last night!  I think it's only going to be a few more weeks and she'll be a 'daddy's girl'!  I love when Mike spends time with the children - even at such a young age as Ashlyn.  He has always done so good at this and loves every minute he can be with his kids!  Here's baby and daddy ...