Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!!

The sun is shining bright.  The airs got a slight breeze.  I read a verse this morning that seems to be perfect for today ...

"So if the Son makes you FREE, you will be FREE indeed."  John 8:36

FREEDOM ~ it's the wonderful word of the day!  When this special holiday of freedom comes around each year after year, I try hard to be thankful for our spiritual freedom we have in our country.  I try to be thankful for the freedom I have each day with my loving husband and not being in fear of being hurt or beat.  I try to be thankful for the freedom I have to raise our children in our convictions and not being ordered by the government to believe in one certain belief.  I try to be thankful for the freedom of God's love and how He works and molds and crafts my heart to keep trusting in Him and loving Him more and more each day.  All these freedoms and thank yous seem undeserved to me.  For it wasn't me that worked hard on writing our country's freedom documents.  It wasn't me that was locked up in jail just to have some religious freedom.  It isn't me that is getting persecuted for my religion and FREEDOM in Christ!!!  Thank you Jesus that my freedom is free!!!

We don't have big plans for today.  Spending time together as a family is always a great way to celebrate this freedom holiday.  I am sure we will find some entertainment or activity for us to make more memories together.

We only have one kid at camp right now.  Matthew went to camp with Hadassah Sunday afternoon.  They were both VERY excited about the whole thing but as each day passed, Matthew got more and more home sick.  I sent an old Christmas card with both kids and told them that if they get home sick, look at the picture and remember you are loved.  Matthew kept looking at the picture and it seemed to make him more home sick.  He missed us so much.  We missed him too. 

I got a call from Hadassah yesterday saying that she misses us to and that I should stop by for a short visit.  A hug and some few words is all she needed.  Since I was there anyway, I peaked in on Matthew.  I didn't know he was struggling and wanting to come home.  I talked to him a little and gathered quickly that he wants to come home with me.  We talked a bit longer and he stayed.  Then at 9:00 last night, we got a call that he is still wanting to be with us at home.  We were OK with that.  We actually love it that he wants to be with his family and loves it at home. 

Mike picked him up and he was happy to be home.  Ashlyn sure is loving it too!!!  She missed him so much and is enjoying his kisses and 'sweet words'.  Matthew slept great last night.  I know he was trying to be brave and tough at camp, and even though he liked it, he is happier to be back home.

Hadassah is still at camp, so today will be a bit different.  We will be hanging out as a family but without her.  I like when we are all together ... but I like the camp opportunities too!!!  I know she is loving it and making tons of memories!  We love you Hadassah and will miss you today!  Have fun celebrating this 4th of July with your friends!!!

Enjoy all the family reunions.  Enjoy the picnics.  Enjoy the fireworks.  Enjoy our FREEDOM!!!