Saturday, July 14, 2012

Turning 7!!!

Today is Matthews birthday! He turned seven years old. He was so looking forwards to this day and was counting down each night he was tucked into bed.

He was awake early, but because the rest of us were not so upbeat and wide awake at 7:00, he laid back down on the couch and slept till 8:30. Lena stopped over and gave Matthew a game set. Bad mitten, volleyball, etc. came all in a box. We have played a few games of bad mitten since. It brings back memories of my childhood. We used to love playing bad mitten.

Mike was excited to give Matthew his gift!!! A bebe gun ,,, pellet gun. It's got some power so he will be under strict supervision. Matthew was so excited and wanted to use it right away! With daddy's help, he took a few shots.

We all went to Red Robin to eat tonight. That was Matthews pick. He also requested a baseball cake for me to make,,, so once again I searched to find something creative and easy online. I had to tweack it just a bit because I did not have the "ball" pan,,, but the pampered chef mixing bowel worked good enough. I dabed it with buttercream icing and after the candles were lit, it did look pretty good! Tasted good too! While we ate cake and homemade ice cream, we took turns playing bad mitten. The lights in the gazebo were on, the tikie touches lit, and as the sun set, we were all in the back yard as a family! Good time! I love all our moments like these. We ended the birthday celebration with watching a kids movie.

"We love you so much Matthew! I am so blessed to have you as a son!"

Thanks to everyone that gave Matthew gifts and cards! The fresh fruit bouquet is always a hit from mommy, so thanks! He is looking forwards to using his build a bear gift card too! His eyes lit up when he seen a card in the mail for him too! Thanks Mommy D.! Thanks everyone!

(My regular computer is not here and is being cleaned out from viruses that seemed to be attacking it! So, for now, I can't post any pictures. Keep checking! Hopefully, soon! I am glad it's the computer and not the camera that's not working! Birthdays are fun to take pictures of!)