Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A new calendar!


For some reason, the feeling of a new year brings more feelings to me than just a new day.  It brings new goals.  A chance to start a new year ... again.  New beginnings and leave the old year in the past. 

Today, I went out to buy myself a new personal 2013 Calendar.  This small book holds my daily schedule.  It will hold all my appointments.  All our birthdays.  All our daily events.  My reminders.  Our gatherings with family and friends.  Church information.  Stuff!

I have always kept a personal calendar.  Mike keeps suggesting that I switch to my iPhone calendar and keep everything on that.  I just don't like the idea.  I read last week in a book called "365 Ways to Organize Everything" by Emilie Barnes and Sheri Torelli.  (I picked the book up at moms over Christmas and the new year is bringing the urge to get rid of stuff we don't need or use and ORGANIZE the house.)  Anyway, I read in there to use whatever method "YOU" like to keep the my/family schedule.  I choose a calendar BOOK!

This afternoon, I filled in all the 'already known events' in the book.  Things like birthdays.  Church services and events.  (I print our church bulletins every other week.  I need some way of keeping all that information straight.)  Dentist appointments.  School dismissals and events for the rest of the school term.  Vacations!!!

It is so much fun starting out fresh and new!  I just get the biggest thrill out of it!  I also needed to start another journal book, so that is another new start.  :)  I have journaled something everyday for the past few years.  Things like our daily routines.  My feelings.  The cute quotes the kids say.  Our date nights!  Whatever.  I am now at Journal Book #5!

Turning the pages of the fresh, crisp, new pages is great!  Only God knows all what my days will be filled with.  It will be interesting to see where the Lord leads.  His plans.  His will.  Laughter and no doubt a few tears.

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Enjoy new beginnings!!!