Monday, January 21, 2013

No more NUK!

We did it!!!  It's accomplished!  Clap of hands!  It's over with the ... NUK!

Ashlyn has gotten so attached to her Nuk the past few months it was getting a bit ridiculous!  Looking  back at my other toddlers, they didn't get away with what she did.  :/  Hadassah loved her Nuk also, but it was kept in her crib after turning one and then only used for nap time.  We cut the tip off at 18 months when Hadassah was little.  I knew it was time to do something about Ashlyn's Nuk, but I just didn't feel like dealing with the drama!  I kept saying, "After the holidays ... then we will cut it or throw it out."  I would often make a comment to Ashlyn about throwing it in the trash and one time she actually did!  I was shocked!  I didn't quit trust it yet, so I pulled it back out and set it on my shelf out of her sight.  Sure enough, it wasn't long and she was whining for it.

Not anymore!  We were down to two Nuks and one of them Zoey chewed.  The second one Ashlyn chewed.  Literally!  She's getting her eye teeth and seriously gnawed on it again and again until finally it too had two small holes in it.  I didn't feel too safe having her sucking on something that could become a chocking hazard. 

Saturday evening, we were hanging out in the basement as a family and when it was time for bed, we couldn't find her Nuk.  (Still didn't find it.  Hopefully, I will see it before she does!)  I decided this is it.  Here's my chance.  I tucked her to bed and of course she asked and cried for her Nuk, but I tried to explain that we have it no more.

Yesterday, she did pretty good.  Her nap and bedtime she asked for it again and cried a bit, but feel asleep peacefully.  It will probably take a few more naps and bedtimes before she stops asking for it but all is good!  So happy to not have to search and keep track of that little sucker anymore!  Pun intended.  :)  (However, I still wouldn't have a baby without offering them one.  A Nuk can really be a comfort for babies and for the mother when your baby starts to cry.  Matthew never liked a Nuk, so he has no story of getting rid of it.)

It feels like an accomplishment!  So glad to have that tiny bit of training crossed off!  Potty training is coming up really fast!!!  Wish me an easy toddler to train!  :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ~ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We had a powerful church service yesterday morning.  I was so blessed.  It so happened that the brother-in-law of Sam Esh, JR (the man from church that feel and is still in the trauma unit), was asked to preach a few weeks ago.  Even with all the emotions and as hard as the situation is, John still came to preach.  After a special prayer for Sam, he got into the sermon and I was blessed! 

He preached on the "Awesomeness of God".  Focusing on the God we serve and His mighty power!  He made comments like this: 

"Man tries to 'know God' and understand Him, yet, all the while, God is trying to reveal Himself to us."
"We cannot become good simply by doing less evil.  God is good and evil is evil."
"We are the only part of God's creation that can decide our eternal destiny.  God WANTS us to choose to worship Him!"

We reflected on the GREAT GOD we have.  A God that performed miracles way back then and still does today and He really cares for us!  " Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and for ever."  Romans 13:8.  Thanks John for coming and sharing!  Our family was so blessed!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ~ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We spent the evening last night with family watching the football games.  The kids had a blast with their cousins and even though I don't get a thing out of football ... I enjoyed the night sitting close to Mike and watching him cheer!  I don't know why football is hard for me to get .?. believe me I had so many sessions of teaching and trying to explain the game to me, but it still just don't click.  Maybe it's because it's a sport I never actually played myself?  Anyway, come on Super Bowl (well, for me it's the fun football foods, friends, and fellowship that comes with any Super Bowl Party)!  :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ~ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My verses of the day is this ... "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms ... "  Deut. 33:27 A
And ...
"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:39

I still believe in miracles!!!  Open my eyes Lord to your mighty works!