Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life in January ~

The first full week of January is already past us.  I have a feeling this winter is going to go by quickly and I am completely fine with that.  Winter is my least favorite of the seasons and I am usually SO ready to see Spring!
 
Hadassah started a art project here at home last week.  Art is a favorite of hers and enjoys being creative!  She got this idea from her wonderful teacher, Miss. Krieder.  A block of wood with two holes in it.  A clothes hanger all bent out of shape.  A pair of nylons.  Glue and paint.  It does look really cool!  Good job girl!
 

Zoey is growing too.  She is now five weeks old.  She's soooo cute and the most adorable little puppy!  Ashlyn loves to play with her and had her in her baby stroller the other day pushing her around the house.  Zoey seemed to enjoy the ride!  :)


 

I treasure Saturday mornings.  Even though I don't always get to sleep in too much longer than other mornings, it's the relaxed feeling that feels so good.  Nothing pushed.  No school bus coming up the road for the kids.  Just a good time at home with the kids and a little longer time with Mike around mornings. 

Mike is busy at work.  Doing lots of pricing and spending time at the new business lot in Quakertown.  Breakfast is not something Mike really enjoys, but Saturday morning I fixed this for him and he really enjoyed it!  Toast, over light eggs with a slice of cheese, slice of tomato, salt/pepper then fun heart shaped toast hearts!  Cute and tasty!!!


After breakfast and after being lazy, I dug into some major organizing and cleaning in the garage.  My dreaded project finally got tackled!  Things got rearranged and all my Christmas décor got put back up in the attic.  Mike hung the free organizer rack in the garage and now things look so much better in there.  Hopefully, it will stay that way for a loooong time!  :)  My challenge.

Sunday, we went to church and relaxed in the afternoon.  ShaLyn came to spend the afternoon with Hadassah while Matthew hung out with Madison at his house.  The Fisher's are moving back to the Haft for a few years and this brings tears to the kids eyes.  The knew that their last chance to hang out together was on Sunday.  Hadassah and ShaLyn dressed up.  They ate snacks.  They thumped all throughout the house.  They played with sidewalk chalk outside.  They love being together and mostly being "BFF's".  (Funny, ShaLyn's mom was my (and still is) VERY special friend in my life!  However, I just don't ever making such a big deal about BFF.?.  :)  )

(Not sure why I can't download my pictures for this section?  Try again later.  :/ )

We switched kids again at 6 PM over some hot coffee and then we were all off to an evening service at church.  Forgiveness ... was the topic.  I was challenged to forgive and then 'forget'.  Too many times I say "I forgive you" but then still in my mind and heart, hold a grudge or a mental note of the incident.  I realize that some things in life ... you can't forget.  Those are the times when God helps you even more to forgive.  Being sincere in forgiving is important and I had a good reminder about that last evening.

-------------------------------------------

Yesterday was busy.  One thing right after the next.  Good though.  Laundry done.  Mike work.  Kids school.  Two roasters cooked and taken down to moms to make homemade roast ... all by 8:30 AM!  Then I went to a quick brunch for a friends 50th birthday party. Then off to help Rosa do some packing up for their move this Friday.  Back home in time to fold my laundry and welcome the kids home from school.  Off to Hadassah's first basketball game at school at 5:00 PM.  I cheered her on and the game was fun.  They had to go overtime and lost.

By 8:00, I relaxed on the couch.  My evening tea drank and so time to tuck the kids into bed and get some sleep myself. 

I hope to post some basketball pictures too. 

Have a great day!!!  I am going to spend some time with 'old/teenage girlfriends'.  Can't wait!  Always a good time!!!  :)